The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DC Universe
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fun so far, but then most MMO's are at first. It's very action based, combos, dodging, etc, although not quite to the level of a non MMO. I don't really know what I'm doing, but there are enough quests around to keep me busy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As blasphemous as this might be, I'm fast approaching a point where I'd rather play a game on a console. I think I'm just tired of installs and overheats and bears, oh my.

On, insert disc, play. Off when done.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate console controllers... If it has an analog stick or motion sensor, I hate it. I'm old school (translation: a dinosaur).
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one!
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What server are you on, Lotan? I got a good guy on Beta 4.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I made a character, the only choice was PvP or PvE. I was on the PvE. I just went to check, and there's a 9 gig update, so I won't be able to tell you till next week.

I'm in LA till wed. You kids behave.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ryken
ludicrous cynic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told this is being given away for free right now on the PlayStation Network, and free to play as well. Can anyone confirm this? I won't be able to until tonight.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they wind up making this for the PC? If so, I'm considering giving it a go. I've been wandering around a lot of MMOs that I used to play in the last 6 or 7 months. I want something new, but I don't want to wait for SWTOR (a guy at my work says the game sucks ass from the beta).
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Ryken
ludicrous cynic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it IS on PC now, Mongo... and currently free to play.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/03/dc-universe-online-sees-120000-new-pc-players-less-than-48-hours-after-going-free-to-play/
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swizzle. Gonna burn some bandwidth tonight, I guess.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying it out... if I can get on at all! Log in queues are huge this time of day it seems.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's apparently illegal to alt-tab out of the game. I kill the game every time.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still trying stuff out, but I think this one is too much of a console game for me, even though I am on the PC.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Ryken
ludicrous cynic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get disconnected more often than I stay connected. I've barely been able to play at all, which is frustrating. Free or not, I don't have the patience for that, so I probably won't be on much, if at all.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several problems with the PC version that I have seen:

1.) Alt-Tabbing = game crash
2.) During Character creation, I've been shat back to the beginning intro movie on 3 seperate occasions
3.) No sub-titles... that I can find at least
4.) Audio tracks during cutscenes not playing and #3
5.) Somewhat vague mission goals. I don't really care to be led by the nose, but saying something like "inject students with parasite" and you have no temporary power or item in the inventory to do it makes it pretty difficult to realize you need to beat them up and then 'use' them.
6.)Targeting is based on Tab key and you can't just Tab something in your reticle... this leads to me targeting things to the sides when I really want to be targeting the one in front of me. Or end up targeting the liftable objects in the environment.

Quote:

Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Control issues don't surprise me, they designed it entirely with a console / gamepad setup in mind.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojobacca wrote:
There are several problems with the PC version that I have seen:

1.) Alt-Tabbing = game crash
2.) During Character creation, I've been shat back to the beginning intro movie on 3 seperate occasions
3.) No sub-titles... that I can find at least
4.) Audio tracks during cutscenes not playing and #3
5.) Somewhat vague mission goals. I don't really care to be led by the nose, but saying something like "inject students with parasite" and you have no temporary power or item in the inventory to do it makes it pretty difficult to realize you need to beat them up and then 'use' them.
6.)Targeting is based on Tab key and you can't just Tab something in your reticle... this leads to me targeting things to the sides when I really want to be targeting the one in front of me. Or end up targeting the liftable objects in the environment.

Agree with all. Number 6 is the most annoying IMO. I wish I could use my mouse to target sometimes, but I can't figure out how to unlock the mouse look. The chat box has a button in the upper right of it, but I can't click it to see what it is supposed to do. Silly things like that.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized what annoys me the most about this game. It's an MMO that doesn't let you strafe or back up without actually being in the process of attacking a targeted mob. When I try to block something, I have to be facing it to effectively block, but I'm NEVER facing the correct direction because I'm jockeying for a better position, so it makes me turn away.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: