The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crew Skills question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Crew Skills question Reply with quote

Mostly for Midget (or anyone else with a lot of beta experience), does your physical level have any bearing on how successful you are with crew skill missions like treasure hunting and archaeology?
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to just get gathering skills like in most other MMOs and then just auction the resulting items off? I never craft, only sell. Makes some good cash that way.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've found the best thing to do for money-making on a toon is to get Slicing and 2 other gathering skills, or Slicing + Gathering Skill + Investigation.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I will do just that, then.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm upset with myself... my trooper has Cyber/Scavenging/Slicing (primarily for the money on Slicing). I was having a blast slicing safes while running around and made a decent amount of money. But then I got to the point where I was leveling up my Cyber and got to the point where I could really use some of the Underworld Metals.

Then I dropped Slicing for UT. I can already feel my money going away too quickly and I haven't done much crafting/missions since the swap. I just hate not having my slicing and already regret it. But people charge too much for my metals on the AH and I'm not quite ready yet to start alt-hopping.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to do some research into what all sells the best. I just got a Consular to 10 and took Slicing, Arch and Scavenging.

Something I just thought of: Does each companion get the choice of 3 skills, or do you learn the skills and they all apply to the companions?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You learn the skills and they apply to all the companions.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I can't imagine ever having to catch up on skills once you get multiple companions. Just got my ship and busting out crew missions or crafting constantly even while running my own missions.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I phrased that poorly. The crew skills are your skills. The level you have in each skill is yours. Your companions just do the work for you. No catching up, just more minions to do your work.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was happy when I got my 4th companion. Now I can have 3 doing crew skills while still having Elara Dorne with me should I need her... shame it drains my money like mad when I do so.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy Lee wrote:
I phrased that poorly. The crew skills are your skills. The level you have in each skill is yours. Your companions just do the work for you. No catching up, just more minions to do your work.

No, I phrased it poorly. I meant that I can't imagine it being difficult getting your crew skills up once you have multiple companions.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reading comprehension is subpar.

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered you can queue up up to 5 crafts at a time for one of your companions. Well, you can have them all do up to 5 crafts at a time. Just press the "CRAFT" button more than once, up to 5 times. Only works for crafting, not missions, unfortunately.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right! When I was on my kick to bust out my Cybernetics, I had 3 folks going at all times.

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: