The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discussion of the Week (7/19/2005) - Legalize Pot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smitty
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welllll actually. I am currently on Hiatus from the ganj....were supposed to have a random this month....If they start this crap up on a regualr basis I may be looking for a different employer. Duracel Is right down the street and they only do Pre-employment tests (which is hair BTW way :yikes: ). We only do pre epmloyment tests too but we just got bought out by a much larger corporation who is trying to push their "rules" upon us.

“The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.” -Thomas Jefferson
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks! Just curious if/what you've had to do in the past for pre-employment tests? Taken cleaners? The nasty syrup shit or the pills?
I only ask because I have a lot of friends who have taken cleaners before, and that shit is nasty.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Smitty
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the Navy went I had this little binge and purge H2o thing going for about 6 years. I get to TPU in SEPS and they give me one on the spot and I flubbed it. Got out wif an Honorable if you can believe that. The civialian sector is a bit trickier. A watered down sample will raise some eyebrows...dunno why it didnt in the Navy. A HUGE plus in the civilian sector is that they dont watch you pee, so theres this stuff you can get out of high times that you pour in your cup and pee on top of it and it makes you clean and is undetectable that I used to use in case of emergency. Also I have an old family shampoo recipe that that works for hair , but you have to condition the fuck out of your hair or you'll look like Carrot top for your job interview.

“The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.” -Thomas Jefferson
ashlad
Brigadier Remembered
Brigadier Remembered

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to take a hair test when I got my job. They're pretty much the standard for any new job, now. They tested for five drugs, here. I know pot was one, and I think the others were coke, heroin, acid, and PCP. The test can go back as far as your hair is long, but by procedure most testing facilities (like the one that did mine) go back 90 days. I did quite a bit of research at the time, and the test is sensitive enough to catch a single use in 90 days, and none of the products sold to help you beat a hair test actually work. After I read the ads for a few of those, describing how they work, the non-pothead sites' reasons why those don't do shit against the newer hair tests were pretty convincing. The only saving grace is that those tests won't catch anything you did in the last two weeks or so, at least as far as pot goes. Some facilities claim they can narrow that to ten days. Bottom line, if you want a new job, first you've gotta get off of the ganj for at least three months.

Once we're hired, we only have incident testing, and that's in the union contract. Incident testing is just a piss test. If you don't toke too much, you can beat a piss test easily after a few days with no fancy products, so you're good as long as you haven't done it too recently. Most people never get piss tested, especially the way union people stick up for each other. That being said, we did have a guy get tested over some BULLSHIT a couple of days ago, but I'll post that in another thread when I feel like it.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to have dinner with a former intelligence advisor, during Clinton's presidency, tonight. When asked what his solution to the violence along the Mexican border is he replied, "legalize drugs".
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something tells me there may be an unexpected and totally not USA backed coup in Guatemala's near future: http://reason.com/blog/2012/02/16/guatemala-president-says-decriminalize
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The U.S. embassy's response is deeply deceptive...

I wonder why our government is so entrenched in this War on Drugs idea.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing part of it is the same reason that the TSA wants me to think my Kindle is a potential terrorist device during take off, bureaucratic momentum and paranoia.

The other part is idiots who think the War on Drugs is actually a better solution than legalization/treatment and evil assholes who don't mind causing others to suffer and die so they can get a bit richer.
Ryken
ludicrous cynic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
The other part is idiots who think the War on Drugs is actually a better solution than legalization/treatment and evil assholes who don't mind causing others to suffer and die so they can get a bit richer.

^ Nailed it.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/789519/sick:_young,_undercover_cops_flirted_with_students_to_trick_them_into_selling_pot/
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
I'm guessing part of it is the same reason that the TSA wants me to think my Kindle is a potential terrorist device during take off, bureaucratic momentum and paranoia.

It's not really about terrorism. Electronic devices do mess with the flight controls during take off and landing. A small annoyance, but better safe than sorry.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the Kindle puts out far too little "interference" to possibly do anything. I think it was Scientific American that actually did a report on it and managed to get the, "bureaucratic momentum and paranoia" quote from someone at the TSA.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if you're flying with Copa Airlines and you have a connection in Panama City, Panama on your way back to the states, they set up a checkpoint at the gate. They search your bags, wand you, then serve you dinner on the plane with metal utensils. I left out the part in my previous post where I mean to say "I doubt the kindle causes problems, but better safe than sorry." I did my own little experiment a couple weeks ago. I chose to keep reading "God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything" and lived to tell the tale. Like I said, for me that is just a small annoyance if I choose to listen.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also accustomed to discussing these things with guys at work who think TSA should search anyone who "looks like a Muslim" but cry foul when an old lady or a baby get searched (I think a baby is the perfect place for a terrorist to hide a bomb). This has obviously lowered my research standards.

Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma: Wow, that's just extra dumb, isn't it?

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, just kind of.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Study shows suicide rates fall when states legalize marijuana.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: