The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

High level

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: High level Reply with quote

Is there anything to do once you reach max level other than raids?

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alts...

I haven't hit the cap yet, so I am just assuming. Just like any other MMO, there are a ton of dailies to get rewards and such.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a lot really. Raids, hardmode flashpoints, daily missions on Ilum and Belsavis, and PvP for people who enjoy that sort of thing. Now that I have all the gear I need I only play my 50 to raid, craft, or run daily missions for money. I do have an alt in every class. I enjoy the story lines.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one thing I really like. Quests and lines that I can listen to and not have to read it all.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game has a ton of content, especially for a casual gamer. For a hardcore end game player though, it is severally lacking. I think you would be entertained for a long time, Glistam. The story is amazing for all of the classes and pvp while leveling is super fun.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leveling is fast. I remember WoW felt like a horribly boring grind all the time. I quit WoW before the first expansion came out and never made it to 50. With this game the story kept me interested and it really didn't feel like mindless grinding was required to level up. Just follow the story.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree that levelling is fast, it's pretty lengthy. It just doesn't feel like a grind the first couple times because of the story. They really need to ad XP%+ incentives for additional same faction alts though, because having to repeat the planet stories gets pretty old.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW did a LOT of good stuff on their last expansion to revise a lot of quests. There used to only be the standard quest types that every game has. With the last expansion, they revised a ton of quests to do a lot of cool new things. I was hoping to see a lot of that in SWTOR, but it didn't seem to happen.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much experience with MMOs but compared to what I remember from when I played WoW, this seemed fast. But I played before the first expansion and maybe the story has made it seem like it's faster in SWTOR.

Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly got to 50 within the early release time for my first character. My second character took a couple months. By the third play-through, I don't care too much for the planets' quests anymore so I've been leveling him w/ PVP. It's taking a while. WoW has been running through my mine lately. The end game in TOR is so far very boring for me. As long as you can beat the enrage timer, bosses aren't challenging and dungeons are just boring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: