The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fun things

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Fun things Reply with quote

Healing. I can heal and sorta DPS at the same time. I don't have to stand around for a portion of the fight doing nothing waiting for healths to go down. I can DPS some, too. I like it so far (16 sorcerer). Might need to respec my 20 sage to give it a shot, too.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen, that stays consistent even at 50. In some of the raid fights, it's important for healers to throw in some DPS when they can, enrage timers are tight. It's neat.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's great. Until I'm on my BH and I'm spamming your ass with ridiculous damage that you can still easily heal through and still dps me! Shit needs to get pvp nerfed.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eisen wrote:
Yeah, it's great. Until I'm on my BH and I'm spamming your ass with ridiculous damage that you can still easily heal through and still dps me! Shit needs to get pvp nerfed.

I couldn't disagree more, no one can calmly heal through Tracer Missile spam, it absolutely wrecks.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do enjoy healing with my BH.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been numerous IAs and SSs I've ran into that I can spam all fuckin day on and they'd never go below 80% health. I get over heated before they run out of energy and then they just kill me. Shit needs to get nerfed in pvp. Also, being able to heal the ball carrier through five people unloading on him is stupid.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So kill healers? I dunno man, the problems you are having, I'm just not seeing, at all. Healing is already reduced by 30% in pvp, and Sentinels / Marauders can reduce it by another 20% with Crippling Throw.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered that it's faster to unsummon your companion and resummon than to Seethe until he's healed. He always resummons at full health. And it only takes 1.5 sec to resummon. Hopefully, when they allow macros, they will give a button to do that (and therefore a configurable hotkey) so I don't have to use the mouse.

I might have to try some of my other classes again soon.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a few quests on Balmorra on my Sorc while I was at lunch today. One quest completer said something pretty funny. This is what he said as best as I can remember it. Right before, he said he will "gas the mines".

"There's nothing like gassing the mines and watching rebels running outside directly into our own battalion's blasters. Well, sunrises are beautiful, too, but you have to get up early for those."

I just about fell out of my chair on that one!
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the funnier comments I've heard was from Gault, a BH companion. "Alderaan's not going anywhere."
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I force persuaded a guy today and when another NPC asked how I did it, I force persuaded him and told him it was not important. I love force persuasion.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eisen wrote:
One of the funnier comments I've heard was from Gault, a BH companion. "Alderaan's not going anywhere."

My top char is a BH on Alderaan. After going through the prior planets with Mako healing, I figured every other companion would be useless. Well, that was until I went after a few groups of mobs and realized I needed monster dps instead of battles of attrition. Gault has really mowed enemies down.

In regards to the OP, I think they made SWTOR as a solo PvE game first and will spend the next few years palying with PvP balance until they get something good. It seams the classes can do a lot of different things which is awesome for questing, but a nightmare to balance for PvP.

In the rare case I PvP, I like being a dedicated healer and my side usually wins. This may be atypical as my server is one of the quieter ones and few know how to PvP.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did my first Operation last night, we cleared Eternity Vault on Hard Mode. It was a lot of fun, Soa, the final boss, was an especially epic and awesome fight. I really thought the overall atmosphere of the raid was extremely well-done.

My only complaints are the stupid bugs that kind of add up over time and take away from the experience. But for the most part, it was a positive one.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest a new strategy...

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about that.

If you're looking to make a goofy character, Smuggler is for you. I'm enjoying the ridiculous choices that can be made.

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I made 49. I only JUST realized you can rotate the galaxy map on the astrogation console by holding right-click and dragging. I see no need for it, but the option's there.

I'm leveling up with a very spread out spec. Here it is. Telekinetic Balance is, by far, the best talent for leveling. Telekinetic Throw does more damage per time than any single target that is spamable and it's so cheap that it can be spammed for a long time even without Psychic Barrier. Heal talents to heal my pet during combat. The Telekinetics powers for Telekinetic Defense and longevity.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smuggler story really is a lot of fun, I enjoyed it.

"Get ready to see a real live hero in action."
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ding 50. Prolly try a smuggler now. I tend to dislike the stealther classes, so I'll try the one that's the Sniper counterpart.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started my smuggler last night. Only made it to 6 or so. I'm gonna try to get as much orange armor as I can as early as I can and just upgrade the mods on the way up. More control of my stats that way.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: