The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xenoblades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yobun
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Xenoblades Reply with quote

I have been really enjoying this game the past few days. Its a JRPG for the Wii, no Wii controls. just classic buttons. It reminds me of older RPG's but it is just solidly put together. Open world, lots of exploration, side quest, all the standard stuff. Of course the graphics are dated since it is on the Wii, but it isn't bad. I haven't had a JRPG that i have enjoyed since Lost Odyssey.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost Odyssey was awesome. I'll have to check this one out.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last two JRPG's I purchased were Tales of Vesperia and Infinite Undiscovery, but I never got through more than five minutes of them as I became busy with other titles. FF Tactics was so interesting, mature and satisfying it made me lose interest in the majority of the genre(most Eastern storytelling is crap in my opinion, though I accept it's mostly a cultural difference thing). I really would like to try Lost Odyssey, though.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished Xenoblade Chronicles last night, and that was right after finally getting around to Lost Odyssey. Both are good RPGs, but Xenoblade Chronicles blows LO out of the water imo. It is probably the best RPG (not counting Souls games) this generation. Despite looking like a game from 10 years ago, it actually feels more modern than just about every other game from the tiring JRPG genre.

It reminds me a lot of a better version of FFXII. The story is actually very interesting, but it is Japanese so it is pretty damn weird too. The combat is great. There is an insane amount of quests to do, but after a while I found myself starting to skip them as they started to make the game drag out.

I don't normally suggest people actually use their Wii, especially to play a third-party game, but Xenoblade Chronicles is a good exception.

My Lost Odyssey Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9111675

My Xenoblade Chronicles Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9113132
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: