The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warhammer 40k and Fantasy general discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, Dan came down with epilepsy, not cancer. Don't try doing no epilepsy walks, that's just mocking, bro.

Anyway, A-DB's second Night Lords book is out in a few weeks. He commissioned an artist to depict First Claw (of 7th Company):

WHOA

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up Embedded. Non-40k sci-fi from Almighty Abnett. Great read so far. Also liking his Thunder and Steel novel, an old world omnibus. Finally, an elf that doesn't make me want to join Humanis Policlub.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't, in good conscience, play in or run a Dark Heresy campaign until I get my hands on some of these.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look awesome. I think they need a little bit of color though.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, especially the numbers.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I picked up the Assault on Black Reach starter set a few months back and have been assembling/painting for the last week or so. There seems to be a fairly strong 40K community here in Tuscon and I've found several different stores, including an official GW store. I actually came into the 40K universe through the back door so to speak. One of my friends was DM'ing an Inquisitor campaign that I played in and I started reading through the Lexicanum and the official wiki to learn about the world while creating my character's backstory. That got me super interested in the fluff as a whole and I've picked up a few of the novels. So far I have Word Bearers and Ultramarines, both of which were excellent. I also borrowed Iron Warriors which was written by the same guy that wrote Ultramarines and places one of the chief antagonists from that story into the role of the protagonist. Of all the armies, Dark Angels are my favorite which is kind of sweet because they are getting a new codex in the next month or so. I also picked up a copy of Deathwatch, and even painted up one of the marines from the AoBR set as a Ravenwing Deathwatch member. I'd like to run a few games of that once I get a chance.
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to recommend the Gaunt's Ghosts novels. I've read the first two omnibuses, and they were both excellent. They are not about the Adeptus Asarte, but rather about the Imperial Guard. All of them are by Dan Abnett, and he is a pretty dang good writer. I just picked up his Eisenhorn series (which is about an Inquisitor), but I haven't started it yet. He also wrote the first book in the Hourus Heresy string (all of which happens in 30K, rather than 40K).
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. The Ghosts be some great books. Just got the most current one, Salvation's Reach. Pretty good so far. He also wrote the seventh, fifteenth and ninteenth Heresy novels. I also recommend The Last Chancers by Graham McNeill. He has a large number of other 40k novels, and wrote a bunch of the Heresy ones, but that's the only thing of his I've read. If you picked up the Eisenhorn Omnibus, you should also grab the Ravenor Omnibus, and then Pariah: Ravenor vs. Eisenhorn.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham wrote the Ultramarines book I have and the Iron Warriors that I borrowed. Also, the characters we were playing in that Inquisitor campaign got sent to the Last Chancers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: