The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hobbit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Movies/TV/Music/Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because he did act the same before and after the reveal. He was just being him. He didn't really start to change his behavior until he conquered his fear and decided to accept his destiny as a king instead of allowing the dishonor of his heritage weigh him down. Treebeard was crap, indeed. I seem to remember Tom being in that one. I will have to search it out and rewatch. Of course, I remember some really weird non-existent things about the Hobbit cartoon as well.
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. No Tom Bombadil at all.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how someone else feels about the upcoming Enter the Ranger (at least that's what I'm calling it for now) movie.

Edit: Or maybe I'll call it Gandalf and Strider and hope for little rubber man nipples.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing would be cooler than a movie where Sauron is unexpectedly aided by a Decepticon strike force.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the timeline from that period, according to wikipedia.

Quote:
2951 - Estel, later known as Aragorn, comes of age and is told about his heritage; the Corsairs of Umbar officially ally themselves with Mordor and destroy great monument commemorating Ar-Pharazôn's victory over Sauron
2953 - Last meeting of the White Council. Fengel, fifteenth king of Rohan, dies. His son Thengel returns to Rohan to succeed him.
2956 - Aragorn first meets Gandalf the Grey
2957-2980 - Aragorn as Thorongil serves in the armies of King Thengel of Rohan, and Steward Ecthelion II of Gondor
September 22, 2968 - Frodo Baggins is born
2978 - Boromir is born
2980 - Arwen pledges her hand in marriage to Aragorn; Frodo Baggins loses both of his parents in a boating accident; Aragorn, in the service of the Steward of Gondor Ecthelion II leads a taskforce south and kills the Captain of the Haven, ruler of Umbar; Samwise Gamgee born;[14] Théoden, son of Thengel, becomes seventeenth king of Rohan after the death of his father.
2982 - Birth of Meriadoc Brandybuck (Merry)
2983 - Birth of Faramir
2989 - Frodo Baggins comes under the guardianship of Bilbo Baggins; a company of Dwarves, led by Balin, try to recolonize Moria
2990 - Birth of Peregrin Took (Pippin)
2991 - Birth of Éomer
2994 - Balin is killed; the dwarf-colony in Moria is destroyed
2995 - Birth of Éowyn

My guess would be that the 2nd movie focuses on Aragorn coming of age and becoming a ranger. I would also think they would show the Dwarves trying to retake Moira.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
My guess would be that the 2nd movie focuses on Aragorn coming of age and becoming a ranger. I would also think they would show the Dwarves trying to retake Moira.

Both would be good stories. I'd watch that.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhatte wrote:
Trassin wrote:

Both would be good stories. I'd watch that.

I also had the thought that perhaps Tolkien's son didn't release all of his Dad's notes and there is some material that covers both those events in a little more detail that we have never seen.

He certainly did leave plenty of notes around about everything else.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would totally dig seeing the Dwarves get their asses handed to them in Moria.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: We have a trailer.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that the trailer doesn't show more exciting parts of the story... Like a dragon possibly?
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking that myself. Or the fight with the spiders.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
I'm surprised that the trailer doesn't show more exciting parts of the story... Like a dragon possibly?

Because the marketing people know they would be able to get the majority of people to blow their load over just a teaser trailer like this. That's my guess.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More details about how the movies might unfold: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-hobbit-third-movie-jackson-20120724,0,2208206.story
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I said I wasn't super hyped over these films would I have to hand in my nerd license? I don't know why, I just feel very meh about them. I loved the book, but I'm just feeling disenchanted at the moment. I'm sure I'll change my mind when I see it.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O-CIoVLX7YM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Movies/TV/Music/Books All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: