The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows Task Scheduler help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Windows Task Scheduler help Reply with quote

So, I have a Task set up to run my MC server at startup. Problem is, Java is kind of a memory leak, and every now and then it decides it needs to quit. Usually, I just restart the server when I notice, and that is that. Only thing is, I am going to be on vacation for a while soon, and don't want to worry that the server is down the whole time. So I am trying to alter the Task ("The Task is changed! Pray I do not alter it further.") so that is monitors the program running, and if it notices that it has halted, it will restart it. Do any of you Windows guru types know what trigger I need to set up? I am running Win7 Enterprise, if that matters, with no third party scheduling software, just the basic Win7 stuff.

Every time I google it, I get pages of how to's on how to tell my computer to shutdown, and I can't seem to come up with a phrase that means 'when the software shuts down, run this task'.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look in to it more later if I get a chance, but offhand it sounds like you want your application to run as a windows service. There you can set restart instructions and start on boot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! This gives me a new direction to research. Thanks! I wouldn't have thought to run it as a service...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: