The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New car "advice"? (Mazda 3 Sport)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely an auto driver. I hate stickshift.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, I won't drive a manual for my every-day driver, too annoying. Especially around here, considering how much traffic there is. Only on my weekend toys will I go manual, and manual only.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Loupy Lobo
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never owned an automatic and I never will. A manual transmission car keeps me from going all ADD while I'm driving.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh look shiny !!!... *crunch*
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loupy Lobo wrote:
I've never owned an automatic and I never will. A manual transmission car keeps me from going all ADD while I'm driving.

Several people I know use a similar reasoning as to why they'll only ever drive standard, apparently auto's "bore" them while driving, a manual keeps them "active".

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to look at cars that I might want to purchase come the end of the year. My 2006 Saturn Vue just hit over 100,000 and I have a feeling that future maintenance may vary quickly start to eat away at any remaining resale value it still has.

At the moment the top of the list for likely "cars" is probably a used Jeep Wrangler Sahara or Rubicon, either 2009 or 2010 model.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved my Rubicon and plan on replacing it as soon as possible. Nothing else is quite the same as a Wrangler.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New 2014 Forester Turbo? 250HP, Zero to 60 mph in 6.3 seconds; X-Mode.

"In normal day-to-day use, the Forester provides stable and composed handling. But its trump card remains its extra dollop of off-road capability, which comes via its higher-than-normal ground clearance and new "X Mode" that adjusts the Forester's stability control, gearing and throttle response to maximize traction in the dirt."

"More performance is available if you choose the 2.0-liter turbocharged horizontally opposed four-cylinder that's standard on both 2.0XT models. It churns out 250 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque when fueled with the recommended premium octane, and comes only with the CVT.

Even the 2.0XT models provide solid efficiency, though, as they're rated at 23 mpg city/28 highway and 25 combined. In Edmunds testing, a 2014 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring accelerated from zero to 60 mph in 6.3 seconds, which is exceptionally quick for a crossover SUV."
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get the same powertrain in an Outback, you will like it better. The Forester is, and has always been, an overweight and top-heavy answer to a question that nobody asked.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhatte wrote:
The Forester is, and has always been, an overweight and top-heavy answer to a question that nobody asked.

Same, but replace "The Forester" with "My ex"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA-DUM-SSSH

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha!
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the word dollop, therefore I will never buy a forester.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I see the word "Forester", I think "Mike Forrester" (or however he spelled his name).
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want it! But I'm forcing myself to wait until at least the end of this year when prices will drop a bit and I'll be able to do a larger down payment. This being a responsible adult thing is b.s.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: