The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mechwarrior Online
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the one thing that's missing (and Tzalik and I talk about it all the time), is lack of a persistant world. At least I haven't seen mention of it. I picture a map of the Inner Sphere with battles to change the influence selected either by developers or AI and the fate of the battles decided by the players based on their allegiances.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be pretty phenomenal.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open beta is up.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot tougher to pilot without my trusty old joystick... need to dig that thing out!

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not crazy about key-turning. I like the game some. Looking forward to getting to where I can buy a mech and do some customization. Wish the game entailed more than just queuing for a pvp battle on one of a handful of maps.

Fucking act like it.

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you, Mish. I feel like I'm only playing a small part of what the game SHOULD be.

As for what the game is, I find if quite frustrating to get used to controling the mech. Perhaps I need to turn down the sensitivity of my mouse or just seriously look for my Cyborg.

Quote:

Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, when you could just buy this?

http://www.razerzone.com/artemis

I haven't played in a while, but the controls are a bit weird. The very first thing I did in my first match was haul ass 90 degrees to the left, fly out of bounds and blow up. It was literally 15 seconds till I'd killed myself.

Once I got better at it I didn't mind too much.

I do wish there was something more. Like a global map or something of that nature. It could get pretty epic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put my sensitivity down to about 75% of normal, helped a bit. with the torso control. I wish I had analog control of the other turn.

That joystick concept looks awesome.

Fucking act like it.

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day9 v. Husky - Mechwarrior Tactics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-022UY0MCwI
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MW Tactics: My name is Mojobacca here if anyone wants to play.

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: