The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karma is a bitch... especially on Mondays!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Karma is a bitch... especially on Mondays! Reply with quote

So today at work, I was on my way to a do clear a tagout when I saw a co-worker standing in the Turbine Building facing away from me. For whatever reason, I decided it would be hilarious to spook him. So I walk up behind hiim (the area is quite loud) and then jump high and land hard on the grating and shout out "WHOA!", to which he jumps and shrieks in a most satisfying way. (all this done with utmost safety in mind)

Later on I'm telling another co-worker about my mischievous deed, complete with the jump... when my phone flew out of my shirt pocket and smashed on the floor.

Now the screen is borked. Not just cracked, oh no, that would be something I could live with. No, this puppy won't work at all. And the replacement is an astounding $210.

Kind of glad I didnt' get rid of my EVO when I bought this one... 7 months ago.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that, kids, is why we get insurance on our smartphones.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is definitely the reason I'll be getting it next time!

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had to file two separate insurance claims for my droid razr since I got it. The insurance, at $5 a month and a $100 deductible has still paid for itself several times over.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is definitely the reason I'll be getting it next time!

Quote:

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you didn't tell Mel what actually happened...
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki

Last edited by Mongolio on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told her... and she laughed pretty hard at me. And then called me a dork.

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: