The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skyrim
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Physical. Interrupt attacks, stagger opponents, disarm them, charge them and knock them over the sides of buildings, reduce damage from fire/frost/shock by 50%... nothing these things can't do!

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, of course, you can wield a mace to decapitate if you have the perk. I actually haven't tried a Sword and Board style yet. I might have to give that a shot.

I strongly recommend getting a save set after the intro where you have just gotten your bonds cut, but haven't used any skills or gotten any experience. There is a console command
Code:
showracemenu
that lets you change your race, look and name. Use this so you don't have to go through the unskippable intro to the game.

I'll probably try the sword and board style when I get home tonight.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I advise against ever using showracemenu, it will totally fuck up your skills, usually removes your racial bonus, and if you ever turn into a werewolf, when you shift back you'll be whatever race you were originally but without a head.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't run into that issue. My main character is a Dark Elf that I switched from an orc and I am probably about halfway through the Companion quests and am a werewolf. Works fine for me.

As far as messing up your skills, it wipes out all your progress, which is why you do it
Mongolio wrote:
but haven't used any skills or gotten any experience.

Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess you got lucky then, personally I'm cool with just going through the dragon part, I have a save after the wagon intro. Also I am 99% sure you cannot use showracemenu to change to a Nord without it breaking.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. I haven't tried a Nord. I need to look at all the racials to figure out a good Sword and Board character. I'm guessing Orc or Redguard, but maybe Nord is the way to go.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nord is just frost resist and a fear, if you are purely picking something for racials, orc is hands down the best melee race. Their activated CD double damage output and halves damage taken for 60sec.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, yeah. Why would a melee race want a fear??? Yes, I'd like to chase the mob around the room/tundra trying to hit it with my short ranged melee weapon. Sounds fun...
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to finally give up playing this on PS3. Too messed up to even be enjoyable, and the more constant freezes can't be good for my system.

I couldn't just let the game go, so I picked up the PC version and started over (even though I was already 80 hours into the game). I downloaded some mods. The game looks amazing with a few HD mods and is a lot more fun to play now that it is responsive.

I even added a mod that disabled fast-travel. For some reason fast travel just seems to kill the point of the game for me. I just wish all the holds had a caravan guy.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Level 60, Haven't really started anything, I'm kind of just wandering around and doing odd jobs for people in the various towns. I'll probably start on Thieve's Guild later tonight.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting back into this now, with all the mods and stuff that's out, you can really change up the game for some new experiences, I'm looking forward to it. Also supposed to be a big DLC announcement in the next week or so.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

List of mods I'm currently running in Skyrim, in case anyone was interested in playing again with mods, it can be a little overwhelming browsing through all of them and deciding. My goal with the mods I chose was to stay true to the spirit of vanilla Skyrim while enhancing my enjoyment of the game.

Unofficial Skyrim Patch: A massive bug-fix patch put out by members of the community, even if you don't plan on using any other mods at all, I 100% recommend installing this for a better experience.

Glowing Ore Veins: Simply makes ore veins glow so they are a lot more noticeable, because let's face it, most of us went through half the game on our first playthrough without even realizing there WERE ore veins in this game.

Interesting NPCs: Adds several interesting NPCs to the game, some just have neat stories to tell, others can be followers or offer quests. I recommend the "Voiced NPCs Only" version, which adds 24 fully voiced NPCs, but if you don't mind having to read subtitles for silent NPCs then give the full 50+ file a shot.

Awnuld the Bold: Adds a hilarious new NPC questgiver to Whiterun, who offers a series of quests and is fully voiced as well.

Complete Crafting Overhaul: Adds all missing recipes, including arrows and faction armors and whatnot. To unlock faction armor craftables, you have to join that faction, which makes it a bit more interesting. This mod also balances smithing perks and levelling for a much better experience than iron dagger spam to 100. It requires 2 additional small mods to function properly, both of which are linked in the file description.

Level Curve Rebalance: This modifies the levelling curve, slightly increasing the XP required from 1-10, and then slightly reducing XP required from 11+. The end effect is most noticeable in the end-game, where you end up with more perk points to play with, which is more fun since you don't feel wasteful for wanting to spend perk points in, say, Speech. Other than the extra Stam / HP / Magicka and perks you won't be more powerful or anything, so it doesn't break anything.

Babette's Feast: This is a cooking mod that adds several new recipes that make cooking a lot more interesting and fun for adventuring.

Better Horses: As the name suggests, makes horses better, so that you actually want to use them. Make them faster, have more stamina, run away from fights, and they also have storage in their saddles. All of these changes are modifiable / toggleable so you can set it the way you want.

Duel - Combat Realism: Overhauls melee combat mechanics and enemy AI in combat to make it a lot more tactical / exciting / fun. Full scope of overhaul explained in the file description.

Lore-Friendly Armor Pack: Just a light armor pack that adds some armor that is not only craftable but can also be seen on various NPCs to add some more flavour and variety.

Skyrim Monster Mod: Adds several new monsters to the game to add some variet, the models and reskins are really impressive. Also adds new dragons to spice things up. I recommend Monster Mod Collectables to go with this, as it adds pelts, wings, eyes etc. to drop from all the new creatures, which can be used for crafting and alchemy and such.

Dynamic Merchants: Makes merchant gold and inventory more variable based on how often you trade with them and such, so selling rare and expensive items to merchant could increase their gold supply in subsequent visits, or buying rare items could increase their stock, etc.

Moonpath to Elsweyr: This is an amazing content addon that feels like developer-made DLC. Absolutely worth checking out if you want new content to explore.

Cloaks of Skyrim: Adds cloaks to Skyrim, they're craftable, but what I love more about this mod is you will see NPCs wearing them. It adds a lot more life and flavour to guards and soldiers and such, which is really neat.

Quality World Map: Pretty self-explanatory, modifies the world map to be more practical, adds roads and such. Includes customization options.

Path of Shadows: An absolute must if you want to play a stealthy character in my opinion, this overhauls the stealth system making sneaking actually interesting and challenging. Makes AI a lot smarter regarding stealth, causes armor weight to be more important, and overhauls the Sneak Perk Tree to be a lot more fun and interesting. This is probably my favourite mod.

Better Magic: Makes slight changes to magic to help it scale better, so that playing a pure destruction mage for example is actually viable at high levels. Also modifies dual casting to be cost-efficient (2.5x dmg for 2.5x cost, instead of 2.25x dmg for 2.5x cost) and nerfs Impact (because it was ridiculously OP) among other things, full details in file description.

Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival: Not everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoy it, it adds an "Exposure" mechanic to the world, so that being outside in a raging blizzard can make you start to freeze and debuff you. Includes the ability to craft tents and campfires to combat the environment and wait out storms and such.

Sky UI: A UI overhaul that functions a lot better than the messy / awful vanilla one.

Categorized Favourites Menu: A complete overhaul for the favourites menu, makes it much more awesome and useable. See file description for formatting in-game.

Aesthetic Mods

These mods are more aesthetic based stuff to pretty up the game, and some will affect your performance depending on your system, read file descriptions and/or play with different combinations to get an idea of what you can and can't run effectively, you probably know your computer's limits.

Shadow Striping Fix: Fixes ridiculous stripey, ugly shadows in vanilla Skyrim.

Realistic Lighting With Customization: I STRONGLY recommend you use the "Vanilla" installation option with this mod, because otherwise dungeons are seriously over-the-top dark and you WILL need a torch / magelight / whatever. If you aren't playing a sneaky character that might appeal to you, but personally I wasn't a fan.

XCE - Xenius Character Enhancement: Cleans up character models to remove a lot of the blocky and awkward looks, it just makes the models a lot better, but keeps the vanilla feel of them.

WATER - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux: Simply put, water, rocks, streams, etc. with this mod are absolutely GORGEOUS. I love this mod and so do hundreds of thousands of others.

Sounds of Nature - Fire: I'm really not big on most sound mods, but I like this one a lot, it makes fires, embers, etc. sounds a lot nicer and more realistic.

Lovely Hairstyles: Adds a number of new hairstyles to the game, mostly for women, but there's some good male ones as well.

Real Ice: A texture mod for ice to make it look a lot nicer / prettier, there are a number of options to customize how you personally want it changed.

Fur Hoods HD: Simply adds some craftable fur hoods that look nice, and are enchantable.

Deadly Spell Impacts: Texture replacement for spell impacts that makes them look significantly more awesome, variable by surface, as well.

And that sums it up, I have tried out many more mods than these, and browsed many more than that, but this is the set I've settled on using currently, and am really enjoying playing with.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that the same guy that voiced Paarthurnax also voiced Mario for Nintendo... That guy has some range to his voice.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: