The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hope you aren't planning to play tomorrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Hope you aren't planning to play tomorrow Reply with quote

I tried to get onto the Test server this evening and the patch notes for 1.9 say 2005-01-03.

1.9 tomorrow.

I need to make a pally and get him to Gadgetzan to transfer some money. I'll prolly work on that tonight. Who knows, though.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice, I diffiently want to see how the paying to move your character to another server works and it better be only like $1.95 or 2.95.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Ex... I'm not sure how that had anything to do with what I just said.

Oh, and it won't be that cheap. The going rate for other games is $20 to $40 per transfer.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

It's 1.9 day! Yeah!
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Mojo? I used you to transfer some money Horde to Alliance. Ran a Pally to Gadget last night. Only died 15 or so times (mostly in STV).
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

So what is the site that you can download the update from?
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think FilePlanet usually does. There are some free ones out there if you google for it.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WorldOfWar.net has a list of file mirrors on their main site.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongolio wrote:
Wow, Ex... I'm not sure how that had anything to do with what I just said.

They said with 1.9 You WILL be able to move your characters to other servers for a fee. Maybe $2 is too cheep but I would not pay over $5.

Then I said, I would be nice for 1.9 to be tomarrow.

Not too complicated Very Happy

Getting the patch off gamespot, faster then the wow dl'er but still only baout 60k/s
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not seen anything about paid transfers. And I'm an official forum troll. That's why I was confused.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I logged on to the server transfer page today and it showed that I had no characters eligible for transfer. It also showed I had no characters so this could be a bug.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the patch notes so maybe I was confused and they will not allow transfers until the Expansion.
I swear tho i've read that somewhere.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the patch notes translated by Something Aweful.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it that the patch broke the forums instead of the game? Shocked Eh?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ggblizzard.ytmnd.com/

Interesting... Confused
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those patch note translations were pretty funny.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: