The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Supreme Commander - Total Annihilation Sequal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Supreme Commander - Total Annihilation Sequal Reply with quote

This game looks pretty cool.
Too bad it isn't going to be out until 2006.

http://archive.gamespy.com/landing/supremecom/

That is ALOT of units in the screenshot.
I don't think you can have that many is any other RTS.

SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Someone must point out the design of the walking spiders to the AT-AT designers.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game looks to be phenominal. If you have the time to read the article by Gamespy and are a RTS fan... grab a paper bag to stop the hyperventilating and wait for '06 to come.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think you can have that many is any other RTS.

You've obviously never fallen prey to my zerg hordes.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true Mishlai. I don't know about your zergling rushes, but I have done that several times in my day too. But imagine a zergling rush with NO limitations on unit numbers! My dream...

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed TA, but played the demo recently. I too am looking forward to this release. I'm a little pissed off that www.cavedog.com basically doesn't exist any more, and the atari site seems to be devoid of any references to TA whatsoever.

Just for the record, I'm not talking about ling rushes ; ) The content varies by opponent & map of course. I think someone once referred to me as having "enough mutas to block the sun"

Gratuitous reminiscing follows:

Initially you could see the sun just fine because they were cloaked by arbiters, but I'm sure he meant after that. (It was a team melee on an enormous island map. This guy DaemonLord and I were seemingly the only people on the planet who liked Team Melee enough to play it regularly.) The mutas were really there for effect at that point, it was the scouts and guardians that mopped up. There were so many units that we were actually unable to see our opponents' city & units during the final attack. If I recall correctly, having another race allows you to produce another unit-cap full of underlings.

DaemonLord used to run the economy & upgrades. While I handled military production, scouting, strikes & harassment. When it came to massive invasion, we'd both get involved. 10 minutes into the game DL would send me messages like "Spend it all, I dare you." I'd look up and the mineral counter would just spin like slot machine without stopping.

God I miss that game.

Fucking act like it.

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried Team games, but no one I ever played with was willing to go that route. So I would sometimes settle for playing Protoss if I had a teammate that was playing one of the others. Work up Dark Archon and capture an SCV... start pumping out siege tanks and set a rally point somewhere. Send in my Arbiter (which is going to be Hallucinated of course) into the midst of an enemy base and Recall all those seige tanks (which were already in Seige mode) and KABOOM!

I have only done one 'ling rush in my time, and that was because I was getting beat in a 4 person game and someone insulted me. So I asked the others to not wipe me out and I was going to pump out zerglings and a few defilers. In the end, I had 4 defilers and over 300 fully upgraded zerglings and made mince-meat of his protoss base.

I miss playing that game too, Mishlai. Perhaps we can get together and play. I don't care if it's with or against each other. I used to be decent (no match for the B-net baddies), but I haven't played in forever and would love to play again. Perhaps we could get our mutual friend Haven to show up too.

Either that or Warcraft 3, which I have a new-found love for (though I still suck playing against the computer in melee.)

Quote:

Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Aiur!
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to. I'd also be willing to do some Warcraft III, although I don't really care for the RPS game style they created there. Warcraft II Bnet edition would hold more interest for me.

I'm also no match for the bnet baddies. One time I made it to the lower end (800?) of the ladder, but it was early in the games life cycle, before everyone had really gotten good at it. It was released concurrent with a 2 week period of r & r for me, so in a way I got a jump start on most of the world.

I never really got tuned into the expansion, and I was also never brilliant with III & barely played it on bnet at all. When I did I got my a$$ handed back to me.

Fucking act like it.

Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

http://garage.gaspowered.com/?q=supcomfaq

Fucking act like it.

Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump. there's a new thread over in online games with the link

www.supremecommander.com

Fucking act like it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: