The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A little irony in myself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: A little irony in myself Reply with quote

I discovered why I don't like playing healer types in this game. It's because they can solo! Each class in the game can actually solo, so groups will typically require more than just healing and buffing from the healers (well, that's probably all late in the game).

Ironically, I hate it when a game doesn't allow you to solo with any character you choose. Very strange realization.

I really want to get a priest and a druid higher. I miss healing and buffing.

I think I still have a 11 Druid on Silver Hand. I think I deleted my Priest, though.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy fix: Make a Druid/Priest and just heal/buff in our groups.

When soloing, just... well... solo. But in groups with us guys, you can just heal/buff 'til your hearts content and we won't bug you to DoT the mob or Fear a mob. You will be able to do just what you want to do!
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.

I'll prolly start doing just that, then. Now I just have to be on when you guys are. Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that feeling mongo. I have so far grouped with BEB members for about 2 hours. total. since i bought the game.

danm, hawaii time sucks.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Hawaii weather is nice, though. No snow, at least. Probably not extraordinarily cold, either.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm torn between the two.

Druids have some damned good regen spells (I like regens over burst heals) and the Mark of the Wild buff line (+to all stats +to all resistances).

Priests have better burst heals and the mega stamina buff.

I will likely go with a druid right now since I have one at 11 already.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know. i've aclimated enough that i think its freezing outside if the temp drops below 80 or so. this winter, i even had to wear long sleeves for a while. mind you, it was mostly at 5 in the morning so my arms wouldn't be cold on the way to the pool to swim, but still...
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I think Druids are pretty spiffy, though I haven't played one myself. I get to watch Jyett often enough. They're cool, in that you can play whatever class you feel like at the moment. Fighter? Bear form. Rogue? Kitty form. Creepy Evil Sea Otter? Creepy Evil Sea Otter form. Caster? Humanoid form.

Any or none of those forms are required... you can solo if you want, group, whatever. Jack of all trades, master of none.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the sea-form "combat-ready"?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm... You'll have to ask Jyett about that one. They can fight well enough, I think, but she usually switches to another form, and then back to Otter when almost out of breath.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you switch directly between forms or do you have to go back to "base" form?

Edit: I'd ask this in the Official Sink Hole... Official WoW Forums if they were available...
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not real big on the Priest vs. Druid thing, but these are the things I have noticed or heard about:

1. Druids have the best heals overall in game.
2. Priests have the best ways to prevent damage.
3. Druids are good in groups because if they get aggro... they can handle it.
4. Druids are also kind of cursed for that same reason. While in other than casting form... no heals.
5. Both have excellent buffs, but I am partial to the Druids buffs (Thorns and Mark are nice)
6. Druids (if you plan on maximizing your utility) need to have at least 2 sets of armor... tanking and casting.
7. Druids can wear leather = more mitigation (extra 10% maybe... but still!)
8. Priest have that nice PBAE Fear for when a pull goes bad and can Fade to reduce aggro to himself.

By the way, is your druid on Silver Hand?

Last edited by Mojobacca on Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Silver Hand.

The two seem pretty well balanced as far as comparisons go IMO.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to this madness, both are considered VERY strong in PVP too. Priests are cheap with their shadow magics and Druids with their roots/heals/buffs and bear/cat forms can just wear on you and win the battle with attrition.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a non-issue with me. I hate PvP. Call me boring <wait for it...> if you will, but that's just how it is.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Fyredancer
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can fight in creepy evil sea otter form....but not extremely well, so I switch to caster or another critter if soloing...

You do have to switch back to base (human) form between critters, but with swiftshifting, it's really not that big a deal (switfshift is a talent that lets you switch shapes very quickly with a very low manna cost)

The other nifty druid thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is travel form....%40 increase in run speed is sweeeeeet

*goes off to play her druid*
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm...  Looks like I might have deleted my Druid.  I was going to post as him on the official forums, but he isn't on the list.  Of course, the forums aren't exactly accurate for that stuff though...
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: