The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savage 2 real time strategy SHOOTER!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tzalik
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Savage 2 real time strategy SHOOTER! Reply with quote

I was directed to look at this game from an friend, and I like the way it looks.

The game is getting ready to launch a limited beta (accessible via preorder $30, downloadable online only).

http://savage2.s2games.com/

I love the fact that you can LAN it out to play with your friends even WITHOUT buying it (like you have any friends? lol)

Mutants & Masterminds PDF here
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of having an RTS where real players respond to your commands is very intriguing. I'd need to hear that this game rocked before shelling out any dough, however.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I briefly played the first one, and it was pretty cool. The only problem with it was pretty much the same thing that's wrong with WoW's Battlegrounds: Players can be idiots.

When they play along witht he commander, it works great. But imagine an RTS where, say, on a good day, half of your units did their best to obey your commands. The other half are wandering around on their own, afk, killing each other, or teabagging the dead. Funny, but not terribly productive =)
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A solid team would be the way to go. Imagine instead that you're a reasonably handy hired gun, but the guy giving the orders appears to be a moron. What then? Strike out on your own? Continue to be sent to your death? Lots of trust required for it to really work, which is cool b/c that's like the real military to some extent. They've seriously nerfed FearOfDeath in this version as compared to RL, but morale etc. is still an issue I'd think.

Plus, as the RTS-guy you've got to consider how capable your units are - not just in the normal sense but also player skill level, likelihood of following your order, etc. when assigning tasks. Too cool.

I wonder if you can play with bots as the soldiers for fill-ins or for single player practicing.

Quote:
teabagging the dead

Ewww, and lmfao. I'll never look at Halo victory dances the same way again.

Fucking act like it.

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Tzalik
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The player Kharma system they are going to implement will hopefully tell you right off the bat what kind of people you are dealing with.

One acount = one screen name = A Kharma score that people "give you" based on actions in game AND on the forums.

Hopefully the self policing will help weed out the 12 year old asshats.

Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on their site that you can pre-order the game and be guaranteed a spot on the Beta testing, but I can't out when that starts or if it's going on now.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Tzalik
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojobacca wrote:
I read on their site that you can pre-order the game and be guaranteed a spot on the Beta testing, but I can't out when that starts or if it's going on now.

Reading over their forums, the beta is to begin with weeks (2-5?)

Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll wait.

Fucking act like it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: