The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

They really dislike Hunters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navillus
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: They really dislike Hunters Reply with quote

The devs must really dislike us.  It is the only reason that things like this keep happening to us.  I can't tank, I can't heal, but I used to be able to damage!  Even though it is a bug, on top of the nerfs this really hurts us.  It is not just PvP.  I think this has an effect on my environmental DPS because I am a very active with my shots.  So yes this would have a greater impact on me if I wasn't PVE.  Still it is just another strike against us.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-hunter&t=395671&p=1&tmp=1#post395671

I just want to my job to work again.  I want a pet the scales accordingly.  I don't want to add a second to my shots because the animation doesn't match the actual cool down.  There is a whole load of other issues and bugs too.  I just want it all fixed, not even a buff, I just back to working correctly.

Edit:  I would also like to take this opportunity to recognize the pain Warlocks and Paladins feel too.

Edit 2:  Here is a nice summation of the problems:

BTW, to everyone complaining about hunters whining. This is obviously not the only bug that is affecting hunters, it is a NEW one!

Most of our bread and butter skills are already bugged to hell. Adding more bugs is just compounding the problem.

Gunz  

Level 60 Dwarf Hunter

Guild:  Heavy Hitters
Realm:  Bloodscalp

"
For example (one of many of our bugged abilities):

Multi-shot

Multi-Shot (instant cast spell that does weapon damage + bonus to up to 3 targets)

Bug 1: Need to stand still (not instant cast)
Bug 2: Subject to weapon delay (not instant cast)
Bug 3: Resets autoshot timer (if you multishot, 0.1 seconds before your autoshot is about to go off, you have to wait full weapon delay for next autoshot)
Bug 4: Barrage talent only gives a 10% increase to Multi-Shot bonus damage (+12 dmg at highest level), instead of the entire damage, as per description.
Bug 5: Hits non-hostile targets like critters.
Bug 6: Multi-shot is relected by magic reflect shields (ie Azuregos), even tho it is a physical damage attack.

*NEW* Bug 6: Weapon delay is added to standard cooldown (10 seconds + weapon delay).

Now that is a whole heck of a lot of bugs that are severly dibilitating. Adding another is rediculous. "
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me glad (glad, I tell ya, glad!) I cancelled recently.  My account is still good until July 30, but I won't be playing again.  

Pardon my french, but that's extraordinarily fuckered up...  "We know it's broken, but our devs are so moronic that they can't change it before the next patch.  You will have to wait another few MONTHS for the fix.  Thanks for playing!".
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, bugs is bugs. As long as it doesn't get SOE bad (and it isn't) I'll live.

Also... what pain do Warlocks feel? That's my main, and she is TEH UBAR!!1!11!one!!eleven
Navillus
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never having played a warlock to any significant level, I can only comment on things I hear from other Warlocks. Most of them come down to a lot of the same pet issues we have, and other problems involving the viability of the higher-level demons.

In other hunter news, I guess I need to change the title of this thread because Hunters actually got a developer response to a hunter issue.

It makes me happy to have my aimed shot and arcane shot working again.  I don't care if multi-shot will be bugged or not.  Plus my dps is going up!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-hunter&t=403576&p=1&tmp=1#post403576
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of 'Locks are annoyed because the level 50 and 60 demons aren't ever really "under control"... after summoning, you have to Enslave them, which lasts a very short time.

And the level 60 demon summoning requires that you sacrifice a random party member.

What they fail to realize, is you already have 4 perfectly good summons to use, that work just fine all the way to 60... the last 2 are for fun. I mean, C'mon... a pet that you have to kill a *player* to get?! How "roleplay" is that? Answer: very.

I had heard people pissed about that.

The only other issue I'm aware of is that you can't get Soul Shards from players, which severely limits us in large scale PvP situations, if you haven't planned for it.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That and a warlocks best tools are DoT's and his Fear.  And since the diminshing returns on crowd control effects basically nullifies their usefulness in large scale battles, that's one down.  DoT's (and other debuffs) are limited to 10 on a target.  this is bad for 'locks because their DoT's will get dropped off before they really take effect => lowering the warlock's damage dealing ability.  

Lastly pets in PvP tend to get ignored for some reason which could be a good thing for pet classes as they are still dealing damage, but not alot.

Warlocks get slightly less abuse than the Hunters have, but I think it's only because Hunters were added as an afterthought.  The pet classes are really only good in PvE, but even that is getting reduced.

I think the game is going the way of SOE's SWG so that's why I quit... for now.  Hope it will turn around sooner than SWG.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warlocks don't really have a whole lot of punch in large PvP, I agree, because of the DoT things, but we pwn 1v1.

As far as the SWG reference, Guy... obviously you forget how bad SWG was. It ain't even near to heading that way yet. Time dulls the pain, I know...
Navillus
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't realize that the Warlocks had those issues in PvP.  I also agree that the role-playing aspect of the level 60 summon is very cool.  If you have at least two resurrecting classes (or give the resurrection person a soul stone) then I don't see it being a huge problem.  I guess it just wouldn't be used as much as a Voidwalker.  I love the way those things.

As for why it took so long to respond to the Hunter issues, it is true that we are an "after-thought" and our role has never really fully been worked out.  Blizzards devs have been busy with the USA release, then Europe, then Korea, and now with Battle Grounds.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that our Volley damage has been increased, the pet talent Unleashed Fury was increased (making the beast master Hunter a very good build in PvE), the shot timers are going to be fixed, and the pets now run faster when they are following us.  In other words, I've done a complete 180 in regards to this patch.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fear not, Nav... someone will be calling for the nerfing of the Hunter soon enough.  Then all your hopes will be dashed again.  They will still do nothing to benefit the Warlock, heck they may even lower the duration of Enslave Demon back to what it was because 2 minutes is WAY too powerful.  Then they will nerf Warriors back to what they were at release.  Shaman and Paladins will get buffed.  Mages will get new spells that don't do anything.  And Priests will get their roles swapped to being nukers.  Druids will have their alternate forms changed and nerfed.  And Rogues will have their Stealth nerfed to extinction.

It's coming down to all classes being totally useless because, Blizzard actually listens to it's player-base.  Unfortunately, they consider those with genuine concerns as the "vocal minority" and should be ignored accordingly.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojobacca wrote:
They will still do nothing to benefit the Warlock, heck they may even lower the duration of Enslave Demon back to what it was because 2 minutes is WAY too powerful.  Then they will nerf Warriors back to what they were at release.  Shaman and Paladins will get buffed.  Mages will get new spells that don't do anything.  And Priests will get their roles swapped to being nukers.  Druids will have their alternate forms changed and nerfed.  And Rogues will have their Stealth nerfed to extinction.
At least he's being optimistic about the future.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I maintain that Mojo has lost his mind and is referring to some other game, because I still have no idea what he's talking about.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything listed there has actually happened already.  I'm surprised you don't remember how EVERY patch has nerfed some class.  Sometimes not too badly, other times (Hunters/Warlocks/Rogues) to the point of uselessness.  Which is why, after one patch destroyed the Rogue's Stealth ability, I stopped playing Cat because I was useless.

Quote:

Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 'destroyed' is too strong a term. But, I refer you to the other thread, where this debate is already in progress.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destroyed was the exact word for it.  With Cat, I could not stealth up to a mob that was less than 5 levels lower than me, even when I had Master of Deception 3 (+3 stealth mod)and the Nightscape Boots (+1 stealth mod).  At all.  That totally eliminated the use of stealth.  Their intention was to reduce the effectiveness of stealthed rogues and they went overboard.

I know we are debating it on another thread, but bi-threadal debates are the best!

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: