The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curious

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Curious Reply with quote

I've been wondering what the big hype is with this game, but I son't want to spend any money to buy it. Is there some sort of free trial that I can use to get the software and log in, just to try it out for a bit?
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, theres a 10 day free trial. Click Here You should definitely try it out!

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check it out... and my play on my server of course! Don't really judge it by the free trial as I hear it's craaaaapy, lots of restrictions and such.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I found

The following restrictions are placed on all Classic Trial Accounts:

* A level cap of 20.
* A maximum of 10 gold.
* Trade skills are capped at 100 ranks.
* Inability to trade via the auction house, mailbox, or player-to-player.
* In-Game public chat channels will be unavailable. (Players will still be able to communicate using say, party, or whispers).
* Characters will be unable to create or join existing guilds.
* Accounts will no longer be able to whisper other players unless they have been added to those players' friends lists or have received a whisper from them first.
* Characters will not be able to invite or join parties with other players above level 20.
* Voice Chat is disabled on trial accounts.
* Realms with login queues will give priority to customers with retail accounts.
* Will not be eligible for any Character Transfer service.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason for all these restrictions is Gold Seller sites like to make a character on a trail account and spam the hell out of everyone.

Pretty much they are limited to just running to the auction house in Stormwind or Ironforge or Ogrimmar and spamming in /say or /yell. They instantly get reported by everyone there, but they don't care. They just get another 10-day trial key and repeat.

It does kind of suck to have such a crippled version of the game, but Blizzard has to enforce the rules somehow.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link and the info. I hope to be able to play around with it this weekend, time and family permitting.
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do recommend a PvE server if you want to play casually. It's alot easier to get stuff done when you aren't being ganked every 5 seconds, and PvE is easier to level on, for the above reason and others.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't really matter what server type he plays on with a trial account. You can't get above level 20 and the PvP zones start at about 20 (minus the Humans (Lakeshire is 17+, but PvP enabled)).
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Leedon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
this weekend, time and family permitting[space]and PSU and CoH permitting!

Fixed

Double fixed by mongo
It makes no sense to me.

-Flirtin' with Disaster, Molly Hatchet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: