The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resh or anyone else

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Resh or anyone else Reply with quote

My brother leveled a dr00d to 70, got it some gear, then quit. I'm looking to bring his toon back in case the guild needs a tank, and that was we always have an extra one in case we need one. I have no idea how to play a druid tank, and was looking for some advice. Always wanted to level a tank, and if I do keep the account open, I can probably drop my Mazzle and dual box, the same my friend does. So just looking for the basic rundown of how to tank with a druid.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't much to rawr bear tanking as there aren't all that many abilities to use.

If you can, use Feral Charge to get initial aggro on you, and hit Growl (taunt).
Theres also Challenging Roar which forces all enemies to attack you for 6 seconds.

Immediately hit Demoralizing Shout (reduces targets attack power) and Faerie Fire (reduces targets armor) and stack Lacerate (bleed damage) then hit Mangle which not only increases bleed effects, but can do an obscene amount of damage, and keep Lacerate stacked. Then just Maul (basic attack) and keep hitting Mangle whenenever the cooldown is up and keep Lacerate up. You can also use Swipe (hits 3 targets) ontop of Challenging Roar to keep multiple targets on you.

If a target starts to run towards enemies you can hit Bash to stun him for 5 seconds.
If you are in trouble such as your healer is low on mana or OOM, you can pop Frenzied Regeneration which will convert rage into health.

There isn't much to it honestly. Just make sure you're loaded up with Str/Stam gear with a little Agility, and loads of armor. There are a few rings with armor, and some crazy staffs with armor/stam (remember, armor is multiplied in bear form). Even with my shit gear, I had over 10k health and nearly 11k armor buffed in bear form IIRC, which is nothing.

I suggest you get some buddies to go in the Hellfire Peninsula Instances so you can practice without much chance of repeatedly wiping.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading up on it some the past few minutes, and I was curious why you say STR, as everyone else said AGI, Stam and Armor
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since I was a kitty druid, I had VERY little Str, so I guess I was speaking from my own experience. Agil is good because it increases armor, dodge chance, and crit chance. So I guess stack Stam/Agil with some Str.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I sohuld have made it more clear that I was going to be solely tanking on this toon, as I already have a dps toon that can pwn most others. Ran a SV last night with my shammy, and ended up doing more tanking than the tank, and still putting out double the damage of anyone else. Thank god I had a decent healer.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really played a druid before, but I'm thinking it works the same as a warrior. For tanking your threat is based on damage and (assuming bears use the same formula for damage dealing as warriors) Strength is where you're Attack Power is going to come in. Warriors get 2 AP for each point of Strength, thus the usefulness of Strength.

From my tankadin experience, I can tell you that as a bear I would go primarily Stamina with both Strength and Agility taking a close second.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a little reading and it seems that most focus a little more on agil but try to keep it relatively balanced with Str. The reasoning being the increased crit chance and dodges means more high damage attacks and that many more attacks you'll dodge, making the healers life a tad easier.

And yes, 1 str = 2AP. That goes for Wars, Pallies, Druids, and rogues I believe.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 1 to 1 for Rogues.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-1 for shammies stick out tongue
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Kitties and Bears, it's 2 AP per 1 Str.

ALSO for Kitties, 1 AP per 1 Agi.

Items "of the tiger" are the bomb if you are shooting for straight AP damge.

I've been told by several bear tanks that bears are more concerned with Agility than Strength since it gives the avoidance for tanking. Strength is actually for Cats since they have multiple crit talents.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, upon further investigation, I may just be switching him over to resto. Gonna try to eventually get the S1 Arena gear, and hope his other healing gear can do a good enough job to make up for never being resto.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: