The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CoV Brute Discussion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> CoH - City of Heroes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: CoV Brute Discussion Reply with quote

Well, I've kinda stopped playing Mongolio lately. Mostly, it's my new Brute, The Fist of the Eidolon.

Mongolio is a 36 Super Strength/Willpower Brute. He's good for hard hits, but he can't make use of his Fury bar very well (attacks are slow and endurance drains pretty quickly).

Here's my attack chain with him:

Air Superiority, Punch, Haymaker. Knockout Blow every other chain or so. All of those are 1x ACC, 3x DAM, 2x RCHG. Rage is on auto with 3x RCHG, 3x TOHIT. That makes it Perma. I can kill the typical white in the first three of the attack chain with no Fury but Rage is running.

My new Brute is a Dark Melee/Willpower. He's good for fast attacks, two of which have a (less resisted) Dark Energy component. His Fury bar is full after three Minions. He NEVER runs out of endurance with three toggles up.

Here's his attack chain:

Brawl (Yes, really; it is EXCELLENT for building Fury), Boxing, Shadow Punch, Smite. Brawl only has 1x ACC. The remainder have 2x ACC, 3x DAM, 1x RCHG. While building Fury, I only use the first three attacks. Once it's maxed, I use Smite when it is up. I typically run my three toggles (Mind Over Body, Indomitable Will and Rise to the Challenge (all have one SO end redux) and Sprint to get between spawns quickly so as to not lose much Fury. I still don't run low on Endurance quickly. I plan to get Tough at 28, too.

Here's my potential build. There are some slots that will need to be fiddled with (travel powers and such):

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.30
http://www.honourableunited.org.uk/mhd.php

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Dark Melee
Secondary Power Set: Willpower
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Fitness
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Shadow Punch -- Acc-I:50(A), Acc-I:50(3), Dmg-I:50(5), Dmg-I:50(9), Dmg-I:50(11), RechRdx-I:50(13)
Level 1: High Pain Tolerance -- Heal-I:50(A), Heal-I:50(40), Heal-I:50(40), ResDam-I:50(46), ResDam-I:50(48), ResDam-I:50(50)
Level 2: Smite -- Acc-I:50(A), Acc-I:50(3), Dmg-I:50(5), Dmg-I:50(15), Dmg-I:50(15), RechRdx-I:50(17)
Level 4: Fast Healing -- Heal-I:50(A), Heal-I:50(36), Heal-I:50(37)
Level 6: Boxing -- Acc-I:50(A), Acc-I:50(7), Dmg-I:50(7), Dmg-I:50(9), Dmg-I:50(11), RechRdx-I:50(13)
Level 8: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 12: Indomitable Will -- EndRdx-I:50(A), DefBuff-I:50(39), DefBuff-I:50(43), DefBuff-I:50(46)
Level 14: Super Jump -- Jump-I:50(A), EndRdx-I:50(19), Jump-I:50(19)
Level 16: Rise to the Challenge -- EndRdx-I:50(A), Heal-I:50(17), Heal-I:50(36), Heal-I:50(36)
Level 18: Health -- Heal-I:50(A), Heal-I:50(37), Heal-I:50(37)
Level 20: Quick Recovery -- EndMod-I:50(A), EndMod-I:50(21), EndMod-I:50(21)
Level 22: Stamina -- EndMod-I:50(A), EndMod-I:50(23), EndMod-I:50(23)
Level 24: Mind Over Body -- EndRdx-I:50(A), ResDam-I:50(25), ResDam-I:50(25), ResDam-I:50(31)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- Acc-I:50(A), Acc-I:50(27), RechRdx-I:50(27), RechRdx-I:50(29), ToHit-I:50(29), ToHit-I:50(50)
Level 28: Heightened Senses -- EndRdx-I:50(A), DefBuff-I:50(40), DefBuff-I:50(45), DefBuff-I:50(46)
Level 30: Tough -- EndRdx-I:50(A), ResDam-I:50(31), ResDam-I:50(31), ResDam-I:50(34)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- Acc-I:50(A), Acc-I:50(33), Dmg-I:50(33), Dmg-I:50(33), Dmg-I:50(34), RechRdx-I:50(34)
Level 35: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A), Jump-I:50(48), Jump-I:50(48)
Level 38: Strength of Will -- ResDam-I:50(A), ResDam-I:50(39), ResDam-I:50(39)
Level 41: Gloom -- Acc-I:50(A), Acc-I:50(42), Acc-I:50(42), Dmg-I:50(42), Dmg-I:50(43), Dmg-I:50(43)
Level 44: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(45), RechRdx-I:50(45)
Level 47: Super Speed -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 49: Resurgence -- RechRdx-I:50(A), EndMod-I:50(50)
------------
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I:50(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be more interested in seeing your build that you'll use to get to 50, not your end of game, respecced build.

If you're having endurance issues with Mongo, I'd suggest putting end reducers into your attacks. Frakenslot it a bit with different sets in order to keep the enhancement bonuses you already have and add in at least an SO worth of end reduction, if not 1 SO's worth. You get more benefit from End reduction in attacks vice toggles, anyway.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'll prolly do some of that stuff later on. That is my leveling build, by the way. I'll have to wait to get Hasten to see if that changes anything else.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face... melting...

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Leedon

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll bite... Two travel powers?
It makes no sense to me.

-Flirtin' with Disaster, Molly Hatchet
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran out of things to take. Suggestions?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> CoH - City of Heroes All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: