The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feedback wanted

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Warhammer Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tzalik
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Feedback wanted Reply with quote

I'm going to need feedback on my Disciple of Khaine.

This character plays a hell of a lot diffrently than anything in WOW, and without target of target, and having to pick my defensive targets ect.. I'm not sure how in the hell I'm doing..

Just post up any observations, slams, or praises here.

Nautianisha, Disciple of Khaine

Mutants & Masterminds PDF here
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're fine for now, you're only now going to start getting gear with a bit of stats. I personally stack STR and Toughness with weapon skill (up's parry chance, increases armor penetration),Initiative, and wounds thrown on. I'm going to start stacking on more weapon skill though as I get the gear.

That said, we are a hybrid class and it depends on how you want to play. If you want to be more on the healer side, you'll want more Willpower and Int.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing a Disciple of Khaine also.

My basic plan at the moment is to take him along the Sacrifice path. That should allow me to spend most of my time healing/buffing/debuffing in RVR situations and yet still hold my own for a few seconds if I need to.

I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to build up my stats, probably try and find a happy middle ground between STR / weapon skill and Will/Int.

So far I really like playing as my Disciple, especially when I walk up on an RVR where an ally is about to die and manage to turn the tables without anyone even taking notice of me.

The one question I have about them is if I get credit in RVR and PQ for the damage/healing that is done because of the buffs I enable?

Quote:
having to pick my defensive targets ect

That is a problem I've had too. It is easy when you are dealing with someone on your group list but becomes much more difficult when there are other allies present who are part of a different group. I think one thing that may make it easier is if you use "War Party" but I haven't had a chance to try that out yet.

edit: Never mind, found how to cycle through allies, Ctrl + Tab
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most annoying part I've found about the whole "defensive target" thing, is that if I just interacted with an inanimate object, like opening a box or whatever, it remains my DT. Then I jump into battle and wonder why it keeps telling me "invalid target" or "target too far away".

Now I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure you get credit for healing an ally in RvR. I know for a fact that you do in PQ's, supposedly it's the easiest way to make sure you get a ton of bonus point, just tossing out heals.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resheph wrote:
The most annoying part I've found about the whole "defensive target" thing, is that if I just interacted with an inanimate object, like opening a box or whatever, it remains my DT. Then I jump into battle and wonder why it keeps telling me "invalid target" or "target too far away".

I have that same problem.

Quote:
Now I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure you get credit for healing an ally in RvR. I know for a fact that you do in PQ's, supposedly it's the easiest way to make sure you get a ton of bonus point, just tossing out heals.

Yes, you do. My question is directed more towards when I apply a buff to a hero that enables him to be healed when he attacks and if those heal points also count towards my total. I'm not directly healing my ally but he is healed because of a buff I placed on him.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I see what you're saying. I don't know, I'm thinking that it doesn't give you credit for the healing done by the buff, but that you do get credit for actually buffing them (I'm assuming your talking about our Covenant?)

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resheph wrote:
Hmmm I see what you're saying. I don't know, I'm thinking that it doesn't give you credit for the healing done by the buff, but that you do get credit for actually buffing them (I'm assuming your talking about our Covenant?)

Yes.
Tzalik
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently Intelligence and Ballistic skill give DoK ZERO. Have you read anywhere that it is diffrent?

As far as I can tell from all my reading our stats ranked are as follows:

Strength - Most important
Willpower
Weapon Skill
Initiative
Wounds
Toughness - Less important

As far as pathing, I've been told the first 6 points into the Dark Rites path to get Soulshielding are as close to a "must have" as our class has.

Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzalik wrote:
Currently Intelligence and Ballistic skill give DoK ZERO. Have you read anywhere that it is diffrent?

I haven't come across a good guide for where to put skill points yet but based on what I know I would agree with your list. The little that I have spent so far I did just based on what I assumed were important stats. I may have wasted a bit on intelligence but oh well.

Quote:
As far as pathing, I've been told the first 6 points into the Dark Rites path to get Soulshielding are as close to a "must have" as our class has.

I heard that too. You also get Rend Soul along that path, which is a great skill to have.

edit: Found a guide as to what the stats do for a DoK and how much they go up each lvl. http://warhammervault.ign.com/wiki/index.php/Disciple_of_Khaine_Guide

I would say that which one is the most important varies greatly depending on what path you are taking with your character. Str probably doesn't matter much to a pure Dark Rites build but would make a huge difference to a Torture build.
Tzalik
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the nitty gritty on stats from that site:

Strength: Increases melee ability damage, melee auto attack damage, and reduces the chance that your melee attacks will be blocked or parried. Disciples earn 3 points of Strength per level.

Willpower: Increases healing and increases the chance that you will disrupt a magic attack. Disciples earn 4 points of Willpower per level.

Weapon Skill: Increases your chance to parry an attack. Increases armor penetration. Disciples earn 3.5 points of Weapon Skill per level.

Initiative: Increases your chance to evade attacks and reduces your chance to be critically hit. Disciples earn 2 points of Initiative per level.

Wounds: Increases hit points. Disciples earn 10 points of Wounds per level.

Toughness: Reduces all damage taken. Disciples earn 2.5 points of Toughness per level.

Intelligence: Intelligence has no effect on Disciples.

Ballistic Skill: Ballistic Skill has no effect on Disciples.

Armor: Reduces physical damage.

Corporeal Resistance: Reduces damage from Corporeal school damage.

Spiritual Resistance: Reduces damage from Spiritual school damage.

Elemental Resistance: Reduces damage from Elemental school damage.

Block: Chance to parry melee attacks. Disciples have no block ability.

Parry: Chance to parry melee attacks. Disciples start with 8.3% chance to parry.

Dodge: Chance to evade attacks. Disciples start with 8.3% chance to dodge.

Disrupt: Chance to disrupt magical attacks Disciples start with 8.3% chance to disrupt an attack.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Warhammer Online All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: