The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DON'T PANIC!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Royal Decrees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: DON'T PANIC! Reply with quote

The short version of why the boards and websites were down: Lunarpages (our webhost) identified issues with phpBB that could seriously affect their servers if they were taken advantage of. They sent out an e-mail over the weekend telling us to upgrade to the latest version of phpBB within 24 hours or they would disable our forums for their safety. We didn't notice this e-mail until after the time had passed. The shutdown of the forums hampered my efforts to perform the upgrade, but through working with their customer support we are now back online. I apologize for this inconvenience. You may notice some of the features are missing, these will be reinstalled wihtin the next few days. Due to the nature of the upgrade I had to perform many of the mods I've installed were lost.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the things you may or may not notice are missing, and what will may or may not be fixed:
  • Avatar pictures broken - you will need to re-upload these yourselves
  • Custom titles gone - I will re-install that feature
  • Rank bar graph - I will re-upload those
  • Null vote option in polls - I will re-install that feature
  • Only one space is acknowledged, regardless of how many are typed - I will reinstall the fix for that
  • Moderator control panel is missing or missing features - I'll look into reinstalling that, but last time I did I almost broke the board.

If there is anything else anyone finds/discovers is missing, please let me know here.

*Edited because I was able to fix some of these issues sooner than I thought.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.

Last edited by Glistam on Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, a note for the future: Should these message boards ever go down again, we maintain our old forum on ezboard and will post updates there until the issue here is resolved. Our forum there can be found by searching ezboard for the Blue Elephant Brigade or ClanBEB.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Royal Decrees All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: