The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

December Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: December Update Reply with quote

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/3802/detail.html

Looks like the player created dungeons are going to happen. I don't want to get my hopes up too high because it sounds pretty cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: December Update Reply with quote

Lotan wrote:
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/3802/detail.html

Looks like the player created dungeons are going to happen. I don't want to get my hopes up too high because it sounds pretty cool.

What???
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They announced the idea of player made dungeons a while back. Considering this all still has to play through the PS2 interface(Thanks kiki), the best you could hope for is something that uses an interface similar to the furniture layout of your mog house.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like:

Quote:
What type of monster will inhabit this dungeon?
1. Birds
2. Spiders
3. Undead

Quote:
How many floors is this dungeon?
1. 1
2. 2
3. 3

Quote:
Finally, what is the level cap on this dungeon?
1. 50
2. 75
3. Uncapped

I'm expecting something along the lines of nyzul with a little up front configuration. To be honest though, Nyzul is one of my favorite parts of the game these days, so I wouldn't mind.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ryken
ludicrous cynic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you could earn experience points in your dungeon? Therefore setting up ideal solo xp spots, in theory?

Or is the purpose something I'm totally missing?
Demin
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/3815/detail.html

Quote:
December Version Update Preview (11/17/2008)

With the release of each version update, Vana'diel continues its transformation into an ever more adventurer-friendly realm. In staying true to this tradition, the development team is working hard on a host of adjustments and additions that will allow our players to focus on what they do best: adventuring!

Chariot, Empress, and Emperor Bands
To date, recharging these items required that adventurers call upon guard NPCs located within designated conquest areas and towns. Depending on their current job level, however, adventurers may find these areas to be a considerable time and distance away from their current base of operation. To address this inconvenience, West Aht Urhgan and Past Vana'diel are scheduled to be added to the list of rechargeable locations for the bands. The price of the service in these new locations will be consistent with that of existing areas.

Treasure Coffers and Chests
That these mysterious containers house an assortment of highly sought-after items such as artifacts and maps is no secret. Such is their popularity among adventurers that those who seek them wishing to acquire the aforementioned items are often left frustrated by others who have different spoils, namely miscellaneous items and gil, in mind. The December version update will see the respawn time for coffers and chests significantly cut specifically for those in the hunt for items such as artifacts and maps.

Jeuno
Recent adventurer lifestyle-related improvements made to town areas have focused mainly on the three nations. In light of current adventuring trends in Aht Urhgan and the recent influx of new adventurers, the spotlight has been cast once more upon Jeuno. Adventurers can look forward to the following changes during their visits to the duchy following the December version update:
- The sales tax imposed on bazaars will be abolished in all areas of the duchy.
- Teleportation to Aht Urhgan Whitegate will be available for mercenaries via the Salaheem's Sentinels representative NPC in Upper Jeuno.

Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are oddly minor changes to list. Recharging a band off of AN will be nice though as currently AN is a bit worthless(To me at least).
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A whole mess of upcoming information here:

http://blog.square-enix.com/ff11/

The dungeon creation actually looks pretty decent. SCH/DNC merits and Relic next update?

Episodic content(Sorta)
Quote:
The next version update will also see the introduction of Group 2 merit point abilities for the scholar and dancer jobs. While Fan Festival 2008 in Japan will proudly play host to the unveiling of the scholar’s new enhanced abilities, a tight lid will be kept on the dancer’s secrets until the American Fan Festival, slated for early December.
Altruism
Light Arts Stratagem (requires two charges).
Increases the accuracy of your next white magic spell.
Focalization
Dark Arts Stratagem (requires two charges).
Increases the accuracy of your next black magic spell.
Tranquility
Light Arts Stratagem (requires two charges).
Your next white magic spell will generate less enmity.
Equanimity
Dark Arts Stratagem (requires two charges).
Your next black magic spell will generate less enmity.

Enlightenment
Optimizes both white and black magic capabilities and allows access to both addenda for your next spell. Recast: 10min.
Stormsurge
Storm-type spells grant a bonus to attributes associated with their element.
Initial bonus value: +3.

The scholar and dancer relic attire sets will also make their way to Vana’diel this winter!
Naturally, players will have to venture into the Dynamis areas should they hope to acquire them. Happy hunting!

If Stormsurge is +3 per increase, it's sorta gonna be sick. Enlightenment could be job changing depending on if you can lower the recast and how much. Enmity down and Accuracy seem a bit meh. We'll have to see how those work out.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday Monday Monday
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, Stormsurge is +3 for the first upgrade, and +1 for every one after that, for a total of +7.

Enlightenment is meritable down to 5 minutes, which isn't bad. I was hoping for more though.

All in all, not bad. Just not great.

Happy patch day
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit one of my favorite money makers looks to be getting the shaft. SE is "adjusting" the NPC sell price of certain items including "Orc Piercer, Yaguado Freezer and Shellbuster". These items are common drops in Castle Vazhl and sell for about 8.5k, 5.5k and 4k each.

Sad And suddenly my Amanomurakumo seems a little further away.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No moblin mazes makes this a pretty weak update if you're not a SCH/DNC. Hopefully there's some new gear or something.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vawn wrote:
Dammit one of my favorite money makers looks to be getting the shaft. SE is "adjusting" the NPC sell price of certain items including "Orc Piercer, Yaguado Freezer and Shellbuster". These items are common drops in Castle Vazhl and sell for about 8.5k, 5.5k and 4k each.

Sad And suddenly my Amanomurakumo seems a little further away.

It's all your fault!
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy $hit at <stpt> if it actually does work.

Supposedly you don't lose target if the person blinks.

FoV looks cool too.

Seems like a small update.
Banzai_Kitty
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NQ bugard skins were on the list and they got 1/2'd if that's any indication.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The annoying part of changing the NPC prices is that it didn't appear RMT were taking advantage of this money making method. I never saw RMT farming Baileys, only other legit players - including a DRK with a relic weapon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: