The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fantastic 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Movies/TV/Music/Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: fantastic 4 Reply with quote

well, it was good. not top quality, but good. i'd definitly see it, but it won't be one of the best superhero movies ever. it was pretty, but it showed that they intended to make a sequal. not with lead ins either. this movie was too much origin story, and not enough superhero story, and when the superhero story kicked in, it felt like an afterthought, it was so easy. the drama and tension that were available in the story were not utilized well, and there just in general didn't seem to be much going on. maybe that was just my take on it though.

anybody else seen it?
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: fantastic 4 Reply with quote

Immyls wrote:
well, it was good. not top quality, but good. i'd definitly see it, but it won't be one of the best superhero movies ever. it was pretty, but it showed that they intended to make a sequal. not with lead ins either. this movie was too much origin story, and not enough superhero story, and when the superhero story kicked in, it felt like an afterthought, it was so easy. the drama and tension that were available in the story were not utilized well, and there just in general didn't seem to be much going on. maybe that was just my take on it though.

anybody else seen it?

Sorry I have to say it.... So was it Fantastic?
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was funny in the beginning…that's about it. It was not a high quality (visual) production either, just slightly better than a made for tv movie. I was very disappointed in Doom who didn’t have nearly enough cockyness or vanity.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give him time, Charcoal... he's not quite 'maniacal' yet.

We saw it last night. I have to say they did a very good job, especially with the characters... the FF personalities were nailed, perfectly.

They gave Doom superpowers, though. I'm not so hot on that.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it. My kids loved it. Jessica is hot, but I still don't think she can act. And though I liked it, I didn't like the plot behind Doom's hatred for the F4. "Wah! You stole my girlfriend! I'll kill you all!"

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojobacca wrote:
I liked it. My kids loved it. Jessica is hot, but I still don't think she can act. And though I liked it, I didn't like the plot behind Doom's hatred for the F4. "Wah! You stole my girlfriend! I'll kill you all!"

Irrational (adj): not consistent with or using reason
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Mongolio wrote:
Mojobacca wrote:

Irrational (adj): not consistent with or using reason

I don't think it is irrational to say Jessica is hot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Movies/TV/Music/Books All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: