The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mage solos 25-man Naxxramas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Mage solos 25-man Naxxramas Reply with quote

A mage solo'd the Military Wing of Heroic Naxxramas.

No exploiting, just a ton of skill and clever use of game mechanics, he kinda explains how he does it via text in the video. You can bet something will be changed to prevent this from being possible, but still very awesome.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is a game mechanic (by definition) until Blizzard gets annoyed by it and calls it an exploit.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongolio wrote:
Everything is a game mechanic (by definition) until Blizzard gets annoyed by it and calls it an exploit.

To me, an exploit is using an unintended bug to benefit yourself somehow. There are no bugs involved in this, this person was just really smart in using that Bone Armor with a talent in the Arcane tree.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/agree with Akuma, and that mage is really cool. Spellsteal has been OP before, I think.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You misunderstand.

In my WoW-view, everything that they let go in a patch is intended until they remove it from the game or change it. I'm not Neo in the Matrix. I HAVE to follow the coded rules exactly. If it's in the game, it is intended unless they post some sort of message IN-GAME to not do a certain thing. I rarely ever visit their forums anymore, so I don't keep up with what's a bug or an exploit.

If it works (whether they intended it that way or not), it IS intended.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: