The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The pet store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: The pet store Reply with quote

Quote:
Today we’re pleased to introduce the Pet Store for World of Warcraft, a new way for players to obtain in-game pets to join them on their adventures in Azeroth. Two brand-new companions are now available for purchase exclusively at the Pet Store in the online Blizzard Store: Lil’ K.T. and the Pandaren Monk.

Make a Difference: Pandaren Monk Charity Pet
Enter the Pandaren Monk, ( http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000763 ) a martial-arts expert who’s here to help celebrate the upcoming fifth anniversary of World of Warcraft. He may be cute, but he’s proof that even the softest of critters can overcome the hardest of circumstances. For every Pandaren Monk that finds its way to a player’s side between now and the end of the year (December 31, 2009 at 11:59 PDT), we’ll donate 50 percent of the $10 purchasing price to the Make-a-Wish Foundation in an effort to brew up a little hope, strength, and joy in a child’s life.

Lil’ K.T., the Littlest Lich
Lil’ K.T. is a miniature lich who bears a striking resemblance to the legendary lord of Naxxramas, Kel’Thuzad. But don’t let his diminutive stature fool you: Lil’ K.T. has a diabolical laugh and wields true power at his bony fingertips, randomly wreaking icy havoc on critters who dare to cross his path. You can now buy this new pet for $10 on the Blizzard Store. (http://us.blizzard.com/store/ )

In order to receive a purchased pet, you’ll need to merge your World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account. For more information on Battle.net, please visit the FAQ. ( https://us.battle.net/faq/index.html ) For more information on the new Pet Store, visit the Pet Store FAQ. ( http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=29845 )

I'm not sure I like the implications of this.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are paving the way to buy achievements with real money (beyond normal support, that is).
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongolio wrote:
They are paving the way to buy achievements with real money (beyond normal support, that is).

They did that a few times in sneaky ways with FFXI, but it never really got too out of hand. I'll have to say that I don't appreciate it though. The last one was basically a "must have" item that you got "for free" if you purchased a security token. It was a shitty answer to bad security on their part, but the bonus item was so good that I doubt anyone didn't pay the 10 bucks.

This seems along the same lines. "We're disguising your pay for items with good will".

"No no... this isn't pay for items. This is charity"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was running AV all day yesterday and there was a guy with a Lil' KT, it's so awesome looking and makes fun sounds.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resheph wrote:
I was running AV all day yesterday and there was a guy with a Lil' KT, it's so awesome looking and makes fun sounds.

You are being sucked in, Resh...
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does this mean you'll be introducing more services like this in the future? Will you be introducing the ability to buy epic weapons/etc. in the future, for example?
As with the pets, mounts, and other items players can obtain through Loot cards from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game, Pet Store pets are purely cosmetic and just for fun. Like other paid services we offer, such as Paid Name Changes, Race Changes, and Character Re-Customizations, the Pet Store service is entirely optional and intended to provide players another means to enjoy World of Warcraft in a way that isn't detrimental to the game and that doesn't detract from the gameplay experience for players who choose not to use the service.

Good to see them say this at least.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I decided to buy 2 Pandaren Monks. One for me and one for my girlfriend. Half of it goes to Make a Wish which is nice, and he's a pretty cool pet.

I don't mind this so much but I wouldn't like if anything truly relevant was available through real money, like that FFXI thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: