The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PvP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: PvP Reply with quote

Is really really stupid right now. Like, unbelievably. The burst damage that DPS can do is retarded. It's not even worth bringing a healer anymore because they just die before they can do anything. The days of actually having to worry about healers outlasting you are long, long gone. My friend and I did really well in arena at 70, before all this, but it's just a whole new level of ridiculous.

Beyond that, prot warriors are really starting to piss me off. It's not fair that they can go into arena with pve gear and a pve spec and be one of the best guys there. Their dmg is insane, and their survivability is just stupid. This is just as bad as rogues wearing all T6 back in season 3.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PvP = WAR

Unfortunately for those who love WoW, that's about the most basic truth there is. I haven't done any real PvP on WoW since coming back, but seeing how much just PvE has changed, it's really not surprising.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The burst damage is definitely obscene. This is the kind of dynamic that brought resilience into pvp. At 76 I'm putting out 1400 dps if allowed to stand and cast against a single target in a boss fight (optimum conditions). It would be lower than that in pvp... but still... If I dot something up it fucking dies.

There was a 78 alliance pally the yesterday (when I was still 75), and we were letting each other quest. I started to feel frisky, but I didn't want to be an ass 'cuz we'd been cool to each other for like 15 minutes.

So I go over there, sit down next to him, and /challenge him. He walks a way. I try several more times, but he's not taking the bait, so I leave.

Later I'm questing in another area and I see him again, and right after I kill this MoB and start leaving I get hit by some holy light bullshit from behind. I couldn't even wrap my brain around it for a second, but sure enough he had me targetted. Lulz ensued. I think it was the only hit he got in.

Of course I got jumped by an 80 Feral Druid the other day it was "WTFisGoingON??OhI'mDead"

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had an alli char come against me unless they had the advantage of numbers, levels, or tried to pull some sort of ambush.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have that on both sides of the coin though. On Maelstrom, it was a rare thing for me to be attacked by anyone that wasn't either +3 (when levelling) or with a buddy or two.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the Vilentia and Bairen show. Very Happy

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my For The Horde bear mount last night.

*joy*

Fucking act like it.

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mishlai wrote:
I got my For The Horde bear mount last night.

*joy*

Sweet, I've been wanting to work on those but haven't gotten around to it.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fun one. Our strategy was to hit SW first, since it's the hardest. A few of the guys in the group had tried it before by knocking out Velen and Tyrande first, but by the time they got to IF and SW all of the allies had come in to defend. We came up the coast (DK Frozen Path FTW) through the harbor, then took the tram to IF, then hit Darnassus and Exodar. I'm not even a huge PvP'er, but I loved getting that achievement.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF was the hardest for us by far. We actually wiped on it, couldn't get rezzed because of allies, and had to come back to it later. SW went down reasonably well, and Ex & Darn were cake.

I have to say that it's intimidating to start seeding a crowd of 30 guards. *please don't aggro, please don't aggro*

Finally got my cold-weather flying today.

Fucking act like it.

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWF is gonna be a pain in the ass for my DK because of Fast Flying cost, but my Hunter already has it. Just 1k more.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't NEED fast flying to get CWF, but I'd rather die than traverse Northrend at 60% speed.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still at 60%, but there are zones you can't traverse at all on the ground, so it's still a big improvement.

Fucking act like it.

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, believe me, I'm not going to wait for Fast Flight training before getting CWF. 60% >>> 0%
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that I really love Arathi Basin.

I played it for months in the 40-49 bracket with my lock (because WSG was supreme suck back then before the changes) and really got a feel for how to win.

I'm leveling a feral this time. My burst damage and stealth capabilities would make me a valuable player anyway, but I think where I'm making a real difference is by being a vocal group leader.

Boosting morale, making callouts, and "calling strikes" really makes an enormous difference in the outcome. It's like playing an RTS where the units only do what you want if you pass a charisma roll. Sometimes I get ignored, but after a number of games in a row some of the players will start to sort out that I have a decent handle on what's going on. We'll often get on a nice winning streak at that point. It depends on who we're facing of course.

It's nice to feel like I personally make a difference to the outcome. That, for me, is the experience that keeps me coming back to WoW for more. That hit of "I was heroic in my little digital fantasyland."

There was one game that I'm particularly proud of where the Horde outkilled the shit out of us and we still managed to stay ahead of them on flags and points all the way to victory. Horde was being dumb, too (the roving zerg), but still - you don't usually win when the top 6 in HKs are on the other team.

I've never gotten a similar feel for WSG, and I don't think I'd make a very good WSG commander. It seems to be much more dependent on luck and individual tactics and/or killing power. AB is all about making intelligent troop movements, and I can assess that pretty intuitively.

Fucking act like it.

Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lead BG preforms with my guild where we all use vent. There's definitely some strategy to WSG but it's important that you have a designated flag carrier that can take a beating with a good healer. AB is probably my favourite BG though, too.

Once upon a time we used to do full out AV preforms with 40 people, now THAT was like playing an RTS. It was just awesome. We'd control the whole map, take every tower, save Galv and prevent the alliance from getting any kills. BGs are just so much more fun than arena. I'm really looking forward to Cata when there will be rated BGs.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to do some premades, I've never gotten too. I didn't know Cataclysm was going to introduce rated BGs. That's really cool, and will probably make it more fun for everyone.

"We suck."

"Yes, and they do too. That's why they're playing us in this bracket. Now stop whining and play."

Fucking act like it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: