The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starcraft 2 spoiler thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Starcraft 2 spoiler thread Reply with quote

Finally finished it.

Disappointed? Only in the sense that this was obviously not the entire story, and ended with too much of a cliff-hanger. I imagine the next one will include Kerrigan learning to control the swarm now that she's mostly human (I'm diggin' the Zerg dreads on her.)

I was a little sorry to see Tychus go the way he did, kindof hoped to see him bite the bullet by betraying Mengsk in the end, but I guess that would have been questionable for his character (so is betraying Raynor, but w/e.)

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had assumed that Tychus would have betrayed Raynor long before the end there. I was actually hoping to get to kill him in a mission.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still working on the last few missions. I ran the one where you have to defend the artifact while it's charging twice and only got to about 85-90% charged before I was overrun. Did you guys use any particular strategy? I eliminated the flyers in the previous mission, so I'm dealing with the nydus canals.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worms are much harder to deal with than the flyers.

The flyers just come in a wave right down the middle and you can defend the artifact by building a crap load of Missile Turrets around the Artifact. The only thing you have to worry about is the Brood Lords who can fire outside the range of the Turrets. For those guys, I just built a bunch of the Air to Air transformer thingies and then eventually had a handful of the Space Cruiser thingies.

It makes the land guys that much easier and you can defend most of it with a few bunkers and tanks. The only thing you have to watch out for is Kerrigan and that damn AoE thing she does. It just wipes out everything...
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually thinking about replaying the previous mission because in retrospect it seemed like the flyers would be easier to deal with. I had been using the wraith-banshee combo for a few missions with pretty good success so I thought dealing with the ground units wouldn't be that bad.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At each of the two locations I set up 3 bunkers and 4 siege tanks. Use a couple Marauders and a firebat or two in addition to the marines. I placed my banshees on hold with one group and my battlecruisers on hold with another. 4 SCV's parked at each bunker/tank cluster for repairs. Pump upgrades for infantry and vehicles.

I had a roving team of marine/medic as well as the group of banshees (which I added some to) for dealing with Nydus worms. You have to be really, really aggressive with those nydus worms, even if it means wading through a bunch of shit to kill it. With your banshees you can shift-queue things - select them and hold Shift for all of this:

1) right click a way point in the direction of the 1st nydus but still in the safe zone
2) hit C for cloak (it will do it at the way point)
3) right click the first target
4) right click the second target. (if necessary come in from a direction that doesn't involve spore crawlers, or hit the spore first)
5) right click home
6) click D for decloak
7) release Shift.

Now that your banshees are assigned you can go micro your marine ball, produce crap, etc. They'll go do their thing cloaked, come back and decloak. If they cross a group of hydras with an Overseer it could be ugly, so try to take that into account when assigning their pathing.

Use the crystal's power frequently, but save it for when it will take out some worms for you.

When Kerrigan comes, I send my marine medic ball and pull back my expensive units because she can one shot them. Stim is your friend.

As things got close to the end I build a pile of bunkers near the crystal itself, transferred all of my infantry and tanks up there with SCV's, left some of the tanks unsieged for dealing with Ultras, and stimmed like crazy. In retrospect I could have floated some buildings up there to absorb fire.

Try hard to not lose units. You can't afford to.

On the mission I won I thought I was going to lose again, it was really close. There may be a better way, but this is what I did. It was damn hard.

You might also try building a planetary fortress at the defense locations or at the crystal if there's room, I didn't think of it at the time, but those things decimate basic units.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: