The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RP Stories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Silliness and Forum Fun
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: RP Stories Reply with quote

I think by making this thread I am officially becoming an RP nerd...

So I was just wondering what are some of your most memorable RP moments are. I'm pretty new to this medium of entertainment and without much experience. What I've learned so far is I'm pretty terrible at keeping a serious mood going. All my dialog is pretty forced if it doesn't have some humor in it. With that bit of background being said... here is my story.

I somehow have become the Han Solo of my Star Wars RP game that started last week. This is my cousin's first RP and only my third. He is a dumbass, strong-as-hell Wookie soldier and I'm a Ryn scoundrel. Our GM wanted our characters to have some kind of flaw. My cousin has increased chances to hit our team when he goes into wookie rage, one of us has shitty luck, another is a compulsive thief. Being the only pilot in the group, the GM offered me a deal. My flaw is that I start out with a ship if I give up 40% of all my earning to some crime lord. I named the ship Purple Drank.
Even with only two other unfinished games under my belt, I am somehow the leader and speaker for the group. I am the captain. I'm also the only one in the group who understands my cousin's language so I have to speak for him too.
The game takes place between Ep III and IV. The first thing to happen in this game was to take up a job for The Exchange to transport twenty-four crates of weapons without opening them. Being that our group is three scoundrels and a soldier, we couldn't help but open a crate or two... Skip ahead a lil bit, we try to reseal and hide two crates in an escape pod. Instead of closing the pod door, my cousin jettisons the pod while we're in hyperdrive. Good bye extra paycheck and ammo.
Skip ahead... We arrive at the drop-off point and while unloading the cargo, an officer overseeing the cargo notices the missing crate and another opened and poorly resealed. He calls the whole deal off. I tell my cousin to quit unloading get his weapon off the ship in case shit goes down. I quickly come up with some bullshit story that we had a fifth crewman who was a thief. He/she got a crate into the escape pod and tried to get the second when we caught him... blah blah. That story worked cause I'm skilled in deception and persuasion.
The deal turns into we'll get paid half but I didn't take it. We were getting only 1500 to split between the four of us as is... 750 is BS. The thief companion asks how much each crate is worth and the answer is 500 credits each. Six crates are still in my hold so I come up with a plan to blackmail the officer and his employer. It's going smoothly until right before the blackmail part when our two companions decide to draw their weapons. Talk about jumping the fucking gun....
We kill the officer and the poor innocent guys doing the unloading. My cousin loots the officer while our companions are looking away. I'm the only one who saw him do it so we get to split the original 1500 credits without having to share. He also gave me the blaster pistol cause he's a melee. We were gonna reload the crates but we started to have more company and were forced to bail out.
In the end, we still have six crates of military weapons, the 1500 we were getting paid, and a new problem. Now, as the captain, I have to figure out how to explain all this to our employer when we return this Monday...
Que epic Star Wars music...
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meta-gaming bitches! Well, we had to split the cut four ways but my cousin and I still fucked over the other two guys. My cousin kept half and I got the other half. Because half was given to me, I had to cut that by 40% and then give half of what was left over to one of the other guys. Oh well... Btw, there is a shit load more comedy going on in this game. I just don't include it cause these already look like giant walls of text since I dunno how to tab on forums. Our game was really like one hour of actual RPing and three hours of shenanigans.

While on the way back to our employer (my cousin and I asked why we would even go back.. but whatever...) we checked the crates. One had medical supplies, three had cheap-ass rifles, one had ammo, the last had crappy grenades. As capt, I decided the only one worth keeping for ourselves is the medical supplies and we'd sell the rest.
We get back to our employer and we found out he's already been paid for the job so he's not TOO pissed off. The employer is apparently a big name in The Exchange. I could never say his name right so eventually I just refered to him as "Ketchup." The crates we have aren't worth shit and we only get 70 credits for each, which was a fight in itself to get. He gave the money to me and I didn't split it... Cha-ching! I got debts to pay... He gives us a new job to make up for screwing the last one. We have to find this gang causing problems to the Exchange and take care of them.
We split up at this point. Thief goes his own way to a bar to try to get initiated into the gang, dumbass fishman goes gambling, the wookie and I had to a brothel to gather information.... heehee. The GM said no one would touch the wookie and I got STDs before we even told him we were going to gather info there. Anyways...
Eventually we all get to the same bar but we don't know Thief is there. Also, it is about this time our fifth member to the crew approaches me. I'm apparently being babysat now by this guy cause the Exchange dude doesn't want us fucking up. We all go to the backroom where there's a meeting. The gang boss appears. I think his name was Tharin.
Apparent;y he's planning a raid on the Exchange's office to kill Ketchup. The job gave 100 credits just to say we'd go and we get paid whatever else afterward. We all sign our characters up just to get the extra 100 credits and our new noble companion flips out. He starts to contact his boss but we stop him and take him back to the ship.
Thief returns to the ship and we tell him what's going on. He already knew but we didn't know he was in the meeting. We make a plan to protect Ketchup. We're gonna go into the raid and assassinate Tharin. Thief goes to tell Ketchup the plan so his guards can be ready to take care of the rest of the raid. (I fully expected him to try to assassinate Ketchup but I had to let him go.)
The next day, plan goes off smoothly. We stop in the back of the raid while they keep going forward and I guess the guards took care of them. Tharin is yelling at us to keep moving and we open fire on him. He has four guards; three with blaster rifles and one concealing his weapon. We open fire on Tharin and the concealed weapon guy.
Welp, apparently the concealed weapon is a green lightsaber and about that time we all shit ourselves. Fishman and I take on the lightsaber guy. He didn't seem to be a jedi since he didn't use any force powers. My cousin goes into retard-strong wookie rage starts fuckin shit up, friend or foe. Our Noble is trying to convince them to surrender while I'm yelling at him across the field to quit being a bitch and shoot someone. Greedy Thief tried to loot the "jedi" mid-fight but apparently this lightsaber has a trap where spikes come out if the wrong person holds it... Apparently this "jedi" has connections to Blade.
We kill Tharin and his guards. That's where the game ended since it was pretty damn late and folks got stuff to do in the morning.
Que epic Star Wars music...

Last edited by Eisen on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite things to do is to keep a quote book. Some of the funniest things I've ever heard have come out of rp sessions.
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish the Star Wars game I was playing lasted more than two sessions, it was a fun system being a hybrid of 3.5 and 4th editions.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I can...

Okay, so as soon as the game started I tried to loot the lightsaber again. The GM didn't like my idea of carrying the saber with my blaster pistols so his response was something like, "God dammit, King... The lightsaber blows up when you try to touch it." So instead of the lightsaber, I looted the boss and got 1000 off of him but had to give up 400 to debt. I decided not to share it... I never said I was a nice captain... I got debts to pay.
We go back to Ketra (I remembered his name this time!) and we get 200 credits each. He gives us a new job to go pick up an accomplice of his for an investigation. The thing is, he's on Nar Shaddaa, has a huge debt to pay, and has bounties on his head. Great. What could possibly go wrong with this one? Criminal planet, bounty hunters, hutts... let's go. We were getting paid 200 each for the mission but my character talked him up to 275. Cheap-ass GM.
After some shopping by the Thief we get onto the ship and as I put it, "Purple Drank, roll out!" While my cousin is doing his rounds on the ship he find a stowaway in the engine room. This is our new companion apparently. He made a really damn short Sullustan. Cuz goes into some freaked out wookie rage and start swinging his axe around, breaks a crate or two, and starts shouting. Fishman hears the shouting and starts running to the engine room and I see him and decide to follow him to see what's up.
As soon as Fishman gets to the engine room my cousin turns and swings his axe at the door. GM tells my cousin to roll attack and damage. Well...... Wookie rolls a 20 which is a critical hit. He does max damage to Fishman which is 2d10. Unfortunately, we never got time to heal after the last fight and he had exactly twenty health left. Wookie, my cousin, has just committed what was damn near our first team kill in an RP. Fishman is knocked-the-fuck-out and was damn lucky that the Noble just happened to be a medic.
My character arrives at the door and the first image that came to my mind is John Belushi yelling "Holy shit!" over and over in Animal House. So my character starts freaking out too. I start yelling "holy shit!" and "What the fuck are you doing?!" at Wookie. At that point the new guy says something from the corner of the engine room and I start shouting, "What the fuck is that?!" About that time, Noble shows up to see why we're all yelling and notices Fishman laid out on the floor. I order Wookie to catch Stowaway and take Fishman to a crew's quarters cause we have no med bay. We chain the Stowaway up and throw him into the escape pod.
I really had no idea how to handle this. I honestly considered killing him because he wouldn't pay me to not kill him, I didn't see how he'd come into the group, and I just didn't know what to do with him. Instead of killing him and pissing off a friend, I decided to leave him chained up in the escape pod. Supposedly, the guy did fix up my engine to get better fuel mileage... no joke.
We get to the port and I decide to let the lil guy go to see what happens. A droid comes up and asks us for 200 credits to use the dock. My persuasion to lower the price didn't work on the droid so new guy uses his crazy high mechanics skill to get the droid to lower the price to fifty. Noble decides to pay because I think the player is honestly starting to get a lil pissed off at me trying to haggle prices all the time. Stowaway decides to stay with the ship.
We find ol' buddy Kolds' apartment. I kinda liked the name. When we knock on the door a camera comes out. Noble says, "Congratulations! You have just won 1000 credits! Please come out and take your prize!" My character looks back at him and is just like, "What the fuck?" I must admit... the player thought the same thing. The voice behind the door says we're lying and to go away. I pull 1000 credits out of my pocket because my character is just that god damn ballin already and holds it up to the camera.
At this point the door flies open, a hand grabs me by the arm, and yanks me inside with the door closing behind me. Wookie tries to reach in and gets his fingers smashed in the door. I realize when this happens how amazing my crew and players are because Thief says, "Welp, I'm going to a bar," stupid Fishman decides to take a nap in the hallway, Wookie goes to cry, and Noble goes to get Stowaway to open the locked door. Assholes....
So I'm being held at gun point in the apartment. Kolds is yelling at me to hand over the money. I lie to tell him I dropped it when he yanked me into the room. This flies because my friend the GM can't roll for shit. He rolls a 1 against my deception check. He starts asking why we're here and how I know who he is. I tell him how we're related to Ketra and he sent us to get him off the planet. I'm also doing a lot of shit-talking to him about not being able to pay debts back among other things while this is going on.
Noble comes back with Stowaway and finds two bounty hunters outside the apartment door. They give some bullshit story about a Jedi around the corner. I'm amazed that shit flew. Stowaway gets the door unlocked, Wookie opens it, and they find Kolds and me talking shit to each other. We walk out, wake up Fishman, and start leaving. Thief comes back with bounty hunters behind him.
We piss off the GM a little bit by talking our way out of the encounter. We tell them where the jedi was and while they walk away my character mumbles, "Dumbasses...". However, since the GM is also playing Kolds, he hits at my character's weakness, money. I make a perception check on their equipment and find these guys have a good bit of money on them.
While their backs are turned, the whole group opens up on them. During the fight, the Noble threw a grenade and missed. Now... if you wanna imagine where we are... think of the chase around the beginning of episode two and how open everything is. That missed grenade actually lands in someone's car. This plays later into the game. At the end of the fight, one manages to get away with the all expensive shit. After Fishman loots the other bounty hunter's armor, Wookie kicks the body off the building.
I'll continue later cause this is already long as hell. We did a lot last night...
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. Let's finish this up before I forget details.

So, during the fight we hear two explosions. One being the unfortunate civilian on their way to see his/her little girl's first dance recital having the back of their car blown to hell. The next one a couple turns later was that same unfortunate civilian on the way to see his/her little girl's first dance recital crashing into a billboard. Good job, Noble... Good job.
So yeah. Wookie kicks body off building, I call him a dumbass, and the guy that had the good shit got away. Good job, GM... Good job. You held money and ph@t l3wtz in my face then snatched it away.
We go back to the dock and this is when things started going downhill for a little while. We were charged another 200 credits just to take off. Stowaway tries to do mechanics again, rolls a twenty-three, and GM says, "The droid notices you and activates turrets that take aim at your group." This was apparently the last straw for our new player because he yelled "Fuck this!" and stormed out the door. Personally, I thought that was a bitch move. I could be bias. I like our GM and that other guy, while we are friends, just really gets on my damn nerves a lot... Moving on.
At that point, our GM is stunned for a second and doesn't know what to do for a bit. It was kind of a random act since he showed no signs of aggravation before. So I step up to try to cheer the GM and our group up while also keeping our focus on the game. Instead of paying the 200, as captain and a bit of a cheap bastard, I demanded the crew pay equal shares. I mean... I'd rather pay forty credits than 200. Not much but still... a little humor can go a long way. My original idea was to just take off without paying until the GM reminded me there were turrets pointing at me and the ship.
This seems to work a little bit. Our trip back goes mostly without incident. No one was in the mood or mind set for heavy shenanigans. Thief stole all the silverware from the ship except for a single spoon and a spork and put it in his room. I can't remember if I told the story of the first silverware incident. That can be in another post when I decide to write down our shenanigans. We have enough that I actually considered renaming the ship Shenanigan 2... because one is such a lonely number. Anywaysssss...... >.>
Back in Ketchup's face. He tells us good job blah blah blah. "Did you guys have something to do with a billboard blowing up while you were there?" Fuck.... We point blame to Noble because we're too broke for grenades. That's a lie. My character is ballin even with -40% profits but it's true for everyone else. The truth really was that he DID do it though. We each get paid the our 275 and my measly 165. New job.
We gotta do another weapon smuggling run. He doesn't trust us to do twenty-four this time because we fucked the last one up so bad. It wasn't our fault though... It was that damned fifth companion that never really existed. He tells us if anything goes wrong this time we'll 1) Be charged for each crate missing and 2) Have a big enough bounty on our heads that even Boba Fett will be like "Holy damn." We immediately refuse the job. Unfortunately, the game would kind of end if we don't take it so.... shit. Twelve crates....
About this time, Fishman's player goes to check on Stowaway and doesn't return for the rest of the game. Fishman is very quiet for a while. One less person for me to yell at. We're told we'll be paid on return and we don't have to worry about docking fees. He tells us to go to Naboo and the first thing my guy says is, "I heard Naboo's got some hot bitches," because I... well... I am what I am.
On our way to the ship, the GM decides to give us his thoughts on us through Kolds. Kolds walks up to me because the two of us apparently get along really well, puts his hand on my shoulder, and says, "I'm gonna tell you guys something because I like y'all. You are without a doubt the most fucked up group of people I've met," along with some other stuff about Kefka (That's what I kept calling Ketra...) being serious about the bounty.
I decide to buy a long range comlink and a spacer's chest before we leave. Comlink so I can talk to people on the ship and the chest so Thief can't steal my shit. I use my mechanics skill to seal the cargo bay doors to keep Wookie and Thief from getting into the crates. Purple Drank, roll out!
We get to Naboo and get a contact from the person we're suppose to drop the crates off with. He tells us to go to a swamp and I ask if he plans to murder and/or rape us when we get there. Deliverance was the first thing that came to mind when I heard we were going to a swamp. According to my perception check, "no" was a truthful answer. I fly us to the swamp and my piloting roll was good enough to get a nice safe landing but not enough to save my ship's paint job. I cussed out our GM. I decided if I have to repaint it, I'll get it in red and rename the ship "The Red Swingline."
After waiting around for a hour or so, a person shows up to take the crates. He's a really fidgety guy. We don't trust him at first. I start yelling at him to show his ID, the Noble asks for credentials, and I also order the Wookie to get a little physical with him. This guy is basically pissing his pants at this point and damn near crying. I start making fun of him and translate what Wookie is saying to, "Aw. Look at the little bitch cry. You gonna cry, baby? Huh? Is that a tear I see?" I also may have mugged him at gunpoint for fifty credits.
Noble finally decided to get Ketra on the line and he okays the guy. Thief helps him unload the crates because I don't trust Wookie not to drop one. I decide to split the fifty with Thief cause he unloaded the crates and Wookie got ten just because he didn't break one.
Back to Ketra. We did a lot last night compared to usual...
Ketra hears about us holding the contact at gunpoint and making fun of him. In order to keep his reputation safe, he had to pay them a good bit and we got dicked. One hundred credits each. Normally my character would have bitched, but I decide that having no bounty hunters on my ass was better than another two or three hundred credits.
That's where we ended last night. Eventually I'll get to a shenanigans post.

Last edited by Eisen on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Crush said.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gettin' there. Last couple weeks our GM broke his computer, which had his game info, and my cousin has been getting ready for his wedding. We just had it yesterday so we should be gettin' goin' again this week. I'm not gonna ask why it says "Sarah Palin" instead of ret-ard
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever make it to one of the BEB Expos, I'll have Marionette tell you all about his Charlatan masquerading as a Jedi with a modified stun baton and some custom gravity manipulators up his sleeves back in the good old D6 days.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to go to Tampa since it's close...ish. But 1) that's a long-as-balls drive, 2) I r broke, 3) Car r broked too.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1)Beg and steal, 2)Hitchhike or stowaway, 3)Profit.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also a fairly decent time buffer. It's not like it's next week or anything.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buh buh bum buuuum

Not much really happened this time around story-wise. Fish guy had to quit the game, Noble wasn't there, and Stowaway quit too I suppose. We got a new guy I don't know for how long since he went home half-way through the game, and.... he's a gungan. /facepalm. I don't think the GM even gave him a character flaw. Just being gungan is a flaw itself.
Anyways, we backtracked a little back to Naboo right after the trade. A gungan runs up to us as we're about to board the ship and asks if he can come along. He doesn't like life on Naboo as a gungan and wants to go somewhere else. I ask for 200 credits but that wasn't enough for Wookie. My cousin starts telling me the gungan looks suspicious. Shenanigans commence.
Somehow we get to the point of asking if he's a real gungan. My friend starts motioning toward his huge ears. I don't know if I said this in-game or not but my next statement was somewhere along the lines of, "We have fuckin' interplanetary spaceships, laser pistols, laser swords, and energy shields! Making a fake gungan with make-up shouldn't be that damn hard." aaaannnndddd..... we convince him to shoot a hole through his ear and if he screams, he's a fake. Persuasion ftw. He shoots, doesn't scream, now has a permanent hole in his ear, I get 160 credits, blast off. *snicker*snicker*
We get back to the Wheel and get a call from Kolds. We're asked to meet him at a bar to discuss a job. Peanut, the gungan's name, decides to hand out with us a little longer, a decision he comes to regret VERY soon. At this point, GM is also playing Noble and decides to stay on the ship.
We go the bar Kolds asks us to meet him at. When we walk up to the bartender and tell him who we are he asks us to go to a VIP room in the back. Wookie decides to stay at the bar so I tell Peanut to keep an eye on him while Thief and I talk to Kolds. At this point I've kinda promoted Thief to second in command because I'm personally pretty absent-minded and don't like to talk or role play as much as this guys does.
He wants us to help him in his investigation. The guy Noble let escape from the Exchange battle has some info they need and we need to find him. He gives us the address of their last known hideout and tells us to go do work. At this point, we hear a few screams and yells from the bar...
Wookie has apparently been getting pretty fucked up. He gets the strongest drink which is about forty credits, pays only five credits because he thought it was weak as hell, and is now causing a ruckus while getting thrown out. He starts arguing with the bouncer that can't understand a word he's saying. Thief and I begin to walk out when the bartender asks us to pay the other thirty-five credits for his drink. I tell Wookie to calm the fuck down and go back to the ship. He starts stumbling away back to the ship and here comes Peanut with four beers in-hand. I convince the bartender that I have nothing to do with the Wookie but... but wasn't that gungan there with him? Persuasion ftw.
Now the bartender and bouncer are both on Peanut's ass. They start telling him to pay for his friend's drink and keeps refusing and starts to walk away. That was a baaaad idea. The bouncer whips out a stun baton and starts beating the shit out of Peanut, Rodney King style.
I start to bust out laughing and Thief starts walking back to the ship. I follow behind Thief, picking up the only bottle of beer that didn't manage to smash open after falling on the ground, and telling the gungan that I'll see him around and welcome to not-Naboo. Peanut tries and fails a few times to get up. GM gets tired of beating his gungan ass to the ground and says the bouncer takes forty credits off him then lets him go.
Wookie is pretty fucked up. I get back to the ship and Thief is just watching Wookie. My cousin has decided to leave a few puddles of piss around and starts humping the captain's seat. Gungan come back pretty pissed off. I use the beer I picked up to lure the drunk wookie off the ship so he'll stop pissing everywhere. Thief and I decide to go check out the hideout. I tell Peanut if he wants to stay, he's gotta watch over Wookie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Silliness and Forum Fun All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: