The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AF3 BEB Group - Yobun? /poke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: AF3 BEB Group - Yobun? /poke Reply with quote

Ok, so it looks like AF3 is so good that it's pretty much not optional. I haven't been able to find out too much yet, but basically you get the base pieces from Abyssea various ways. For example, you can buy the head with cruor and you can get the pants with resitance points (pretty much like Campaign, but you can earn enough points for the pants in 30 minutes probably).

Once you have each piece you trade it to the magian moogle and he tells you to get seals. I'm not sure about the other pieces, but I traded the head piece and he said I need 8 SAM (forget the actual piece name): Head.

People are farming these in pickup groups of 4 to 8 people from what I can gather from whitegate shouts. I heard some groups are doing them in duos and trios. AFter you get the 8 seals, you trade them back to the moogle and you get the AF3+1.

The AF3+1 looks to be great gear. There is also +2, but I'm not sure what is involved there.

The SAM AF3 head piece for example is like STP+3 and Dex+2 or something like that. Nothing you would wear. But the +1 version has 5% haste, STP (I want to say +5?), and other stats, I think STR or DEX. The +2 has more bonus stats including 6% haste. Pretty much all the AF3 pieces for all jobs looks to be really good gear. It also looks really cool. It looks to be in the same character as AF and relic, but it is not just a recoloring. It looks pretty sharp.

Anyway, I'd like to start working on this. This is something we can do as a small group in short periods of time (Abyssea isn't going to let us stay longer than about 90 minutes at a time anyway, and then only when we've waited to build up stones). We could maybe find a group to go twice a week, schedule 2 hours to farm these mobs.

What BEB members would be interested in this? Yobun. Hurry up and get un-burnt out on the game again and join me for this.
Demin
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I get my stupid Kindred Crest's and 85.....

I'm definatly interested Smile

Should be by the end of the weekend
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once my Abyssea - Misareaux exp alliance got going with all the lights capped last night, we started getting the giant gold boxes, and these some times would contain the base AF3 feet. I got the PLD feet, and also we saw DRK, BRD, RNG I believe.

Here's a link to the BG thread about the armor sets. Wiki isn't very up-to-date yet, but the information is still being discovered.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I'll count you in Demin. I believe Youssarian would like to join us as well (BRD, THF, NIN, COR).

I am going to assume +2 won't be the final upgrade. Just like certain weapons are more and more upgradable after every level update, I assume the AF3 will continued to be able to be upgraded. But, regardless, even the +1/+2 is really good gear.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got one of the seals for the SAM pants +1 doing the cookbook quest in Abyssea-Misareaux -- there are repeatable quests that you can get things from.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF3??? I wanna see DRGs!
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsakiki wrote:
I just got one of the seals for the SAM pants +1 doing the cookbook quest in Abyssea-Misareaux -- there are repeatable quests that you can get things from.

Yeah, I heard you can get some from those. Stupid question, but I assume these seals are exclusive?
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vawn wrote:
Stupid question, but I assume these seals are exclusive?

Yes.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So understanding a little more about these seals. You can get some from NMs and some from repeatable solo quests. It also appears you can get the same seals from multiple sources. For example, I got a WAR feet seal from a NM earlier and Youssarian got one from a quest.

That being said, NMs seem to be the much faster method of the two. I joined another SAM and a RDM and trio'd 4 or 5 NMs in Vunkerlt. They were fairly difficult with 3 (we went 2/5 and all fights were close), but I imagine it should not be difficult with a party of 5 or 6. The other SAM believe that all these NMs are guaranteed to drop 2 seals each.

As for the quest, I did the one that has a chance to drop a leg seal for SAM, BST, THF and WAR. I did 35 runs so far and got 4 BST, 3 WHM, 1 THF and 0 SAM (of course). It is going to take quite a bit of time, luck and traverser stones to get all 8 for the first upgrade at that rate.
Banzai_Kitty
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love if some people were up for accomplishing something in the Abysea areas together. As it stands now, this is the reason I'd barely played of late - no one to help with anything.

It seems like I'll never get much of anything without an HNMLS these days, and if I didn't make the cut then, I certainly won't now since I've been focusing on being all but forced to solo/duo thf to 80 and let the "useful" jobs go to rot.

The general mentality is that no one wants to help with "crappy" jobs, but all expect the benefits of whatever new TH is introduced; they're all to happy to have you throw away your hard earned xp sacrificing yourself, but not help you get it back.

I'm really tired of having to solo xp, kills for lesser magian weapons since there's no help to be had for the better ones, etc., and I'm ranting...
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe because I have had little desire to join a hardcore HNMLS, but I didn't think it was that difficult to find shells for stuff.

Thankfully, most of the best stuff in game these days comes from things that can be completed with a small group of people 6-12. Salvage before and now this new AF3 gear.

I'm going to look at starting a group. Right now I'm thinking twice a week, maybe Tuesday and Saturday nights around 9:00pm EST. I know a few other people that might be interested. You guys in? If those times don't work, let me know and we can work something else out.

It would be useful to go ahead and grab all the conflux warps and maps for the 3 new zones before we start if you haven't already.
Yobun
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't have time. I have several projects i need to get done around the house and I am about to start building a new garage.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I think we are aiming to try to these Wednesday/Sunday evenings starting at 9:45 or 10:00 EST.

Demin and I went with a group last night to get a feel for some of the NMs. The alliance had 11 or 12 and still had a difficult time with some of the NMs. Some of the other ones were cake walks. I'm still hopeful we can take care of these with a good party. The hard fights were due to the NMs spamming AoE, but with that many DDs they were spamming them a lot of TP.

As long as we aren't expecting a flawless run to start, it should be fun to see what we can do with a small group and go from there.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh, I'm gonna have to hold off a bit before we commit to an offical time. Tomorrow is my son's birthday, so I might not be online then. Also, my wife seemed upset about me starting an event that late at night, for whatever reason. I still haven't talked to youssarian yet either, so I'll keep you guys informed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: