The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Easymode's over, kiddies
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beats camping a spot for hours waiting for something to spawn that ANOTHER group of people can claim or if they don't claim, hassle and lag your group out.... And the class I like actually has a purpose.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have you been running so far (order of progression)?

We have been massively held back by 2-3 people in our group and I really want to get going.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midget wrote:
I meant no insult. Just strikes me that there are better avenues for just about every other facet of WoW to be found else where. That being said, I have several friends who have played since beta or shortly after launch that still don't have any 80's and one without a single character over 50ish.

I do totally understand raiding being frustrating if you aren't in the right environment though.

Oh, no. No insult perceived. I have lots of gaming time every night (I really just walk in and sit at my computer until dinner then bed), but it's never without innumerable interruptions. I know I'm not being fair to a raid by going afk every 2 to 20 minutes. That and if, for some odd reason I don't have to afk for 45 minutes straight, several other people have to afk for 20 minutes, I don't have the patience to wait on them. I want to play now and not wait on 4 people in a 25-man to show up 20 minutes late. This is why I think the random dungeon finder is perfect for me. I am just not looking forward to the learning curve of doing randoms with PuGs. I as sure as hell don't want to start with guildies as they would probably get mad at me for being a noob.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10man content is the best thing ever, I am sure Akuma will agree. It's the perfect balance of fun, challenging content and the numbers to allow you to keep out idiots.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, what if I'm one of the idiots?

Seriously. How do I really know? I don't group a great deal. I regularly get compliments when I Pally or Drood heal, but I am never very high on DPS recounts as a DPS. And I haven't played a tank since before Cata.

I know I will be that idiot when I decide to start instancing again.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midget wrote:
What have you been running so far (order of progression)?

We have been massively held back by 2-3 people in our group and I really want to get going.

We're currently 10/12, 2nd on our server, only bosses left to kill are Cho'gall and Nefarian, which we hope to get down this week, then start pulling heroic modes next week.

Our current 10 man team is the best we've ever had, could not ask for a better group.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guild is about to attempt a dry Throne run. We don't really expect to get much done since half our our people are still in 333s. Hell, I'm highest DPS in guild and I'm pullin only about 12k on bosses.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh there's nothing wrong with that, we killed 8 bosses the first week with avg 333 gear, some people still wearing a few greens. There's just less margin for error.

Conclave of Wind isn't that tough, but I definitely recommend not trying Al'akir until you are better geared. Halfus Wyrmbreaker and Twin Dragons, first 2 bosses in Bastion of Twilight are extremely easy and I'd suggest them as first targets for any guild stepping into Cata raiding.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did our first real attempts last night, but I had my last family Christmas party last night so I was out and I'm our top single target dps by a decent amount. They also carried someone that isn't really close to heroic queue ilvl (6-7 greens, only 4 333 or higher items) who ended up doing about 2/3s the dps as the lower of our 2 tanks. A couple of the other people aren't much over heroic gear either and they cleared Halfus and Twin Dragons.

They were all excited to tell me they got me a BoE trinket while I was gone, but it's sorta awful and I didn't want it.

What class/spec are you Eisen?
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omnotron Defense System is also pretty easy, it just sounds really complicated on paper.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hunter is the 85. He's a SV spec. I can generally pull, on bosses, anywhere between 11-14k dps. I'm still tryin to figure out how to do trash better. I'm still upper numbers on trash but I usually have no idea what I'm doing. Toss out a AoE trap and spam Multi-shot. I kinda miss Volley. It's kinda fun though because the multi-shot spam always reminds me of the scatter gun from Contra. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/deathwing/adakin/advanced

I really wanna play the mage, but I want to server transfer and faction change him to horde before I start to level him again. He's gonna be fire w/ frost off-spec. You have no idea how happy I am to hear that those are the better specs again. I hated the thought of playing arcane. The damage was crazy in WotLK but all I had to do was press three buttons.

My priest is just a money bitch now because he's a JC.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but I want to server transfer and faction change him to horde

If you're looking for a horde server you'd be more than welcome in my guild.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, transfer to play with the BEBers.... Twisted Evil

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's goin to Deathwing. My cousin and I play together.

Just made my hunter a Kickback 5000. Shit cost a few gold...
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawr and stuff. We only have Nefarian left but he's easily the toughest boss, and he's a lot harder on 10man than he is on 25, so we're probably going to die A LOT tonight.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You rocked that boss because of your healer's mad 74-point heals. All hail the 74-point heals!
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! That's probably from Vampiric Embrace, actually.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do miss needing crowd control and finesse in dungeons. I want to try out Cataclysm at some point but I have not time for it right now.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: