The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Builds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Rift: Planes of Telara
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Builds Reply with quote

Figured I'd start one of these threads.

What do y'all think about this build I'm thinking of trying?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00nra.Veb00M.tuRsqxezoo.VV

I really don't like the downtime for warriors that don't have some sort of mitigation or in-combat healing, so I figured I'd try to make a somewhat defensive melee cleric. I tried the shaman/druid/whatever, but even at level 12 there's a log of downtime. Downtime and I don't get along.

Critique meh!
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've really only played rogue for any actual time so I don't know the first thing about Cleric'ing...

If you want a good rogue build, I can help with that.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to get to the point in this game where I am not afraid of downtime, ala drinking. Usually takes a little while before I want to relax enough on a character for that.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, I carry a full stack of whatever drink I feel is appropriate... just in case... but even then I can go from very low health to full in about 8 seconds. I guess I don't see why people get so upset over this "downtime" in games. Tzalik is kind of like that. He HATES down time, but if I've gotta rest for 5-10 seconds after a couple of pulls, eh. Means nothing to me.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever play EQ? THAT was some downtime... I knew a level capped priest (pre-expansion) that went from empty mana to full mana in 30 minutes meditating. That's one extreme.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojobacca wrote:
Hell, I carry a full stack of whatever drink I feel is appropriate... just in case... but even then I can go from very low health to full in about 8 seconds. I guess I don't see why people get so upset over this "downtime" in games. Tzalik is kind of like that. He HATES down time, but if I've gotta rest for 5-10 seconds after a couple of pulls, eh. Means nothing to me.

I need to switch my mentality to that, though.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellion wrote:
I've really only played rogue for any actual time so I don't know the first thing about Cleric'ing...

If you want a good rogue build, I can help with that.

Ok, then, what's a good rogue build? Is it group or solo? I don't do PvP.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what you're going for.

I found that Bladedancer, Riftstalker, Assassin works for me and that's my main build right now. I'm out of town at the moment, but when I get back I'll put up the build that I use.
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after getting roflstomped in warfronts by champions I decided to bandwagon and started playing my warrior again Embarassed
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the DPS warrior, specifically the Champ/Riftblade soul combo is VERY nasty right now. Warriors need a good tuning I think.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Justiciar/Druid/Shaman. Pretty much all my points are in Justiciar and I have almost no downtime. Feels very much like a WoW pally at times and he really seems to destroy rifts/invasions because Even Handed Justice or whatever it's called lets me hit 5 enemies simultaneously.
Add in the fact that Salvation regens health based off my melee damage, and there's another ability that regens mana for 10 secs whenever I attack, and I can pretty much keep rolling nonstop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Rift: Planes of Telara All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: