The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dungeons and Dragons Online
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe premium content is not needed to enjoy the game on a casual basis. At least, that hasn't been my experience so far.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading the update now.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Messed around with it for a little bit, maybe I'll play some more this weekend.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a character out of the "starter" town area, and Storm Reach (Stormreach?) Harbor is a much larger zone than I anticipated. There's a lot of quests to be had there, and a lot of fun.

I also found out that when you "skip the tutorial" in the very beginning it also skips you ahead through some additional content. There's a storyline in the starter town about a White Dragon making everything frozen. The whole storyline is bypassed and when you come out, you're in a sunny town with no hint of Ice Dragon trouble.

There's a lot of things about this game I'm really liking. Every time I play I have a great time.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Phoenixhr
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my problem with that game before they went f2p was there was no one around to party. is that not a problem with it being f2p now?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like there's a lot of people around, and parties are readily available, but that's also in the low level areas. I don't know how it is as you level up.

I'm very disappointed that I can't map a functional game pad controller to this game. I spent about an hour or two last night trying to work it out but ultimately I just couldn't set it up to be played without needing to frequently go back to the keyboard or mouse for something.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've deleted and/or remade a bunch of characters so far while "feeling" out the game. I think I've finally gotten satisfied enough to remake and stick with Glistam and level him up. He's only level 3 (Rog 1 / Wiz 2) but I'm enjoying it immensely. I have to admit too, I did spend some money to be able to play a Monk, which is a great class as well.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky enough for someone to teach me about the Waterworks area - the 4 quest storyarc in there has some awesome rewards and I'm disappointed that I didn't discover this sooner.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logging in for a little bit.

Character is named Trassin (bit surprise, I know).
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got out of the starter area and have started messing around in Stormreach Harbor.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed you.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tomb of Gary Gygax:

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty awesome, I must say Glistam. Nice find.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airships in this game are neat, but not as visually impressive as the FFXI ones. But it's fun to jump off and land in a random zone.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be playing a bit this afternoon.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing again for a a few weeks.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should probably re-download and install this again. It was a fun time.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ran an insane Tear run at normal level with a full group. It was a speed run for all the tears. I got invited with my Battle Cleric (read: not awesome healing). We only nearly wiped once. It was freakin crazy hard for me as I haven't healed DDO properly yet. Still, it was over 9k XP for that single run. Got me two ranks.

Started a dedicated healer and told my GM. He is the one that invited me to the Tear run. He's going to try to get me caught up to him. He went to 20 Rogue and TR'd to Wizard.

Hoping to do some healing now. I love healing, but never had much luck with groups in DDO. Hopefully that will change now.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I logged on my level 5 Wizard that I've been slowly working on. I was going to try to make a rank or two towards 6 as I'm shooting to try out Pale Master. Grabbed a random group who was running Bloody Crypt on Normal. Got 7.5k xp for that, plus all the "optional" xp items netted me pretty much a full rank. This same group then proceeds to do the same 4 more times. I got just about a full level in 5 runs in about an hour. Luckily, the group didn't break up until after I leveled.

Anywho, I grabbed Pale Master and had to run a few more quests to get Zombie Form. Zombie form roxxor. All the undead immunities, can heal myself with Lesser Death Aura. I took Extend Spell (double spell duration for an extra 10 SP per spell (Level 1 duration based buffs cost 10 SP and it only increases from there, so it's a no-brainer)) so my normal buffs last twice as long. I wish my cleric has that one...

Anyways, kinda sucks that I can't be healed by a cleric anymore, but I can still benefit from Divine Vitality, so I put my cleric on Agressive. I haven't had a chance to play with it much, but it looks pretty awesome so far. Group play will be the real test.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: