The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Link Pearl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXIV - Final Fantasy Online II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Link Pearl Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not sure how it happened, but I found myself logging into FFXIV the other day. I had the urge to play FFXI lately (seems to always happen around the end of summer). That sounded too overwhelming, and I remembered that XIV is still free-to-play and I did spend an insane amount of money building a gaming PC I never use, so I decided to play it a bit.

I started a new character, Vawn Housecoat. Who is still around playing? I've been on a few days, and haven't seen anyone I know (there still doesn't seem to be a search feature that I have found). I actually have seen very few people anywhere. I hear that most people hang out in Ul'Dah? I am in Gridania and it is a ghost town.

Anyway, if your (Kiki, as I pretty much assume she is the only one who cares about this post) shell is still going can I get a pearl from you, or can you give me a suggestion on who else to ask?
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vawn Housecoat

haha
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weren't you playing for a while? You still around?
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was for a while, I stopped when I got busy with other things. I've been thinking of checking it out again with all the changes that have gone in.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been playing much, too busy doing stuff in XI, but you prompted me to log in this morning (Kiki Tsakiki). Try sending a /tell if you pop on. The only LSes I have at the moment are pretty dead, and the ones I can add you to usually have just me in them. A former Eminence guy was going to see if I could be added to the shell he's in, but I haven't really been on since he said that.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Trow (sounded like he was about to quit when I did), Peti, Lucrezia, Venn, Fuzzlewhack (or w/e he called himself) etc. Any of them still around?

I found the game a lot more playable than it was before. Some things are still definitely wrong, but the game also does a lot of things better than XI. I'll have to post up my thoughts soon for anyone still on the fence about giving it a try.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen any of them in ages. Of course, with my sporadic playing, I could just be missing them, but when I was play several times a week, no one was ever on.
Banzai_Kitty
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I haven't played beyond dabbling in the beta and then for a month or so a while back.

Even with all the systems they've revamped, I think they'd have to revamp the zones as well to get me interested. They just seemed like big copy/paste mazes with sporadic patches of interest instead vs. the little eco-system/territories of XI.
Fuzzlewhack
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy there, BEBers! Long time no see for most of you.

About a week ago I actually started to get back into the game myself, so I've been on fairly often. The changes they made reinvigorated my interest in the game, and the ones they have planned for 1.19 and 1.20 will keep me around.

So be on the lookout for a scantily clad roegadyn prancing about Ul'dah horrifying all the crafters.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is FFXIV free for anyone or only people who opened an account when the game was first released?
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free for anyone as long as you pay the box price.
Fuzzlewhack
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma wrote:
Free for anyone as long as you pay the box price.

Which these days can be anywhere from $10-$30 depending on where you find it. You can also find some online stores selling just CD keys (some fully legit, others a bit sketchier) and then you can just torrent the files; lots of folks have done this.

Alternatively, if you can grab a buddy pass left over from someone's Collector's Edition, that functions exactly like a full account right now.
Trow
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sup Vawn, yeah i quit shortly after you. The wife and I were thinking of trying it again, but then I had to deploy due to the whole Libya BS. I'm Stuck in Italy for at least the next 3 months. hope the game gets better, Im willing to give it another shot.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trow!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! The game is definitely better than before Trow with a couple game-changing patches coming soon. It would be a lot more fun to have you back.

Hopefully, those will be enough were I'm still wanting to log in 3 months from now when you're back. I am slowly realizing the way to enjoy this game is not to approach it like FFXI where I play all the time, but instead as something to do in short periods to supplement other games.
Fuzzlewhack
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, does anyone have a buddy pass left over for this game? I have a friend that wants to give it a try but isn't sure if he's still interested in MMOs. It would be the perfect way for him to dip in and find out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXIV - Final Fantasy Online II All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: