The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question for you boardgamers out there...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Question for you boardgamers out there... Reply with quote

I've (for some unknown reason) have had a sudden urge to make a game. I had a concept hit me whilst on the verge of sleep that started taking root and I've begun trying to flesh out.

My question to you guys is whether any of you with hobby gaming experience would be interested in helping me out with this project. I don't wish to give too much away yet (builds excitement!), but PM me if you are interested enough to spark your curiosity.

For starters, I will say this:

This will (initally) be a Supers board game where one person plays a Villainous Mastermind and the other players are Superhero Teams (or members of one) trying to stop him. This will NOT be like Sentinels of the Multiverse or Marvel's Legendary, though I admit some of my ideas may have been sparked from them.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very interesting. Would it be like Battlestar Galactica where you don't necessarily know who the enemy is, or would it be more obvious?
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a known enemy. The villain would be trying to accomplish some goal (building a doomsday device or something else villainous) and deploys his available forces (be they henchmen, traps or decoys) to various locations. The heroes would then head out to take care of the villain presence in these areas, not knowing until it's too late if they are taking on the minions, walking into a trap or were just duped by false intel.

That's a rough idea thus far.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds exciting.

I don't remember how to PM right now, and can't be bothered to figure it out, but I'm down to throw in a friendly hand, if you like.

Also, on the practical side, have you thought about kickstarting it? I have some influence with a large community of board gamers here who are all avid kickstarters of new game ideas.

On another practical note, are we talking already licensed superheros, or making up new ones? Cause your major cost in the first case will be paying for the rights to use them, and in the second will be getting an interested audience. Pretty much any other genre and you can go generic, but for some reason super heros always need brand names.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The supers would all be custom created. I would LOVE to see some of our (for those of us who play City of Heroes) creations: Crimson Scarlet, Croatian Thunder, etc

As for Kickstarting it, I'm just trying to get around to making it work. Still early development and working on getting the cencepts down. If at the end, this looks like it could be marketable, I'll probably do it.

If it turns out that a superhero theme wouldn't work, but game mechanics do, I think I could easily re-theme it to something else.

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: