The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

360 and the next Gen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was never much that was exclusive for the xbox that seemed like a must have for me. KOTOR, Morrowind, and Fable all could have been, but they all came to PC. I wasn't a big Halo fan, and aside from that I can't think of much else that was XBOX specific.

I guess my point was PS2 had specific games, and then it had everything else too. Most games that could have been or should have been multiplatform, but weren't ended up there too.

Ana
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrowind was PC first....
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just meant.... had they been XBOX only I would have had more reason to consider it.

Ana
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got mine for halo and fable. and i don't want either on the pc, as both are good as platformers, and i'm kind of into platformers. kind of like skunk beer. its an aquired taste.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Nintendo needs to sell the old roms Cheep and I think some people would buy the console Only to play the old games and not buy any new games.

I assume the roms will be Nintendo titles only? Has anyone read if other publishers got on board? I mean ff2 ff3 for $3.99 instead of $40 on ebay!

They need to diffiently price the NES games at 99 cents
SNES 1.99 maybe 2.49 and N64 somewhere Under 4.99.
Even 499 seems too much, maybe 3.49 or 3.99

Will there be game boy roms also?

And this is a BIG MUST HAVE. The roms must be FULL SCREEN, none of this tiny middle of the screen crap like Super Game Boy.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tycho (from Penny Arcade) seems to sing praises for the Dreamstation pretty frequently. I don't own any consoles, so I don't have an opinion here, but I thought I'd throw that into the discussion.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a XBOX 360 demo at the local best buy tonight. There were a couple demos. I don't even remember exactly which 2 games as I'm not up on the 360 so much. All together, I guess I was fairly unimpressed. The controller seemed good, but not awe inspiring, and the graphics were about the same.

Ana
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats a Dreamstation?
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nintendo.com/systemsds

I could've sworn that DS stood for DreamStation, although I sure can't find that anywhere now.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dual Screen I think is what most people consider it to be although I don't know if it officially stands for anything.

Tycho's opinion falls pretty closely to mine. About a month after I got my DS it slid below the driver's side chair of my car one trip, and I guess I forgot about it. I was later looking for it and couldn't find it. Eventually I just wrote it off as a loss, and to be honest I didn't care too much.

But, a fair amount of really good games have been coming out lately though, and I really dig the little thing now. And today... well, I think the DS discussion is in another thread Wink

Ana
Demin
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the 360 in action today and it looks good. I was really thinking about picking one up, but after looking at the launch titles I think I'll wait until there is something that will hold my interest.
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Although not normally a FPS type guy, I was playing the WWII demo and fell in love. The graphics are unbelievable and the gameplay was super smooth. I, too, will probably wait until after Xmas to buy the 360 (mainly because Battlefield 2 Modern combat should be out on it by then) but I am definately won over.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face Melting abounds!
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason it looks good in the store is because all the setups have 20" LCD HD TVs!!!
there is an image comparison on gamespot I think.
the link is on games.slashdot

Does anyone here have an HDTV?

the CoD2 demo looked good but again that was on an HDTV.
If you had a computer with a x800 or 6800+ run 4x AA at 1600x1200 and it will look just as good.
Probably better if you have a SLI system and can do 8x AA and 16x AF
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an HD. The funny part about most HDTV's is that they don't really run the full HD resolution, but down sample it. I was surpised by this... my tv is 1080i, but I hooked my computer up to it, and it looked like absolute shit. I couldn't read any of the text, etc.... most 20-30" LCD TV's run like 1280x768 or some such resolution whereas 1080i is supposed to be 1920x1080. I think Mitsubishi just came out with a projection TV that has an actual 1920x1080 chip on it, but I'm not sure. I think I read somewhere(probably slashdot) that a lot of the first round of games for the 360 that "support" 720p are actually lower res, but stretched... go figure. So now your game is rendered at a lower res, stretched up to 720p and then shrunk back down to whatever res your TV is... odd.

At any rate... Yeah I thought the game wasn't all that impressive. Just seemed like a decent computer would run a game... less than a great computer could run a FPS.

Ana
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Sony SXRD HDTVs are 1920 x 1080.
3 SXRD panels, 1920 x 1080 pixels each

SXRD is a refined version of LCoS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) display technology. The KDS-R50XBR1 uses Sony's newest high-definition SXRD image panels, each with 1920 x 1080 pixels the highest resolution available. SXRD also boasts the highest "pixel density" of any TV available, as well as the tightest between-pixel spacing. The distance from the middle of one pixel to the middle of the next is only about 1/8 the width of a human hair!
The KDS-R50XBR1's exceptional color purity is one of the main advantages of using three SXRD image panels (one each for red, green, and blue signals). This 3-chip design ensures rich, radiant, rock-steady color.

Someone buy me this and an Xbox 360.

Link

*Stealth edit by Mongo because that is an obnoxiously long link... And I have a POS monitor at work (1024x768 resolution max).
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone go out and try to get their hands on one? I don't reserve things, as I've never had to in the past. Unfortunatly I woke up a little late today, and by 10:15 or so everyone was sold out: Circuit City, Walmart, Target, FYE (Music store in our malls), everyone. However, we thankfully have a brand new Best Buy thats opening its doors as of tomorrow, and has 52 systems in stock I believe.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you really want one, you will need to head over there and camp a spot tonight. That will be the only way you get one outside of a birthday or christmas present that someone decided to camp out and get for you.

Supposedly MS isn't producing more for the US until after the release for Asia/Europe.

This, my friends, is why I am not a console fanatic. If I want a new computer, I can just go get one. Not so for a new console.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a console fanatic really, and I'm not shitting my pants in anticipation of getting one, I just figured I'd pick it up if I could. Not a big deal really, I'm much more interested in PS3 Very Happy

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of people camping outside a computer store in anticipation of a new CPU fan... THAT'S why I'd rather stay with a computer, instead of a console.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: