The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aeon Flux - No spoilers yet, but soon I'm sure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Movies/TV/Music/Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Aeon Flux - No spoilers yet, but soon I'm sure Reply with quote

Anybody else see this yet? I watched the cartoon some back in the day, but not religiously or anything. To be honest, the show normally left me feeling like the slow kid in the room who didn't always "get it".

So, if you're an Aeon fanatic, I'm not really sure how the movie would work out for you, but for someone mildly familiar with the series I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I was quite surprised that it all made sense too.

In fact, from what little I remember, it almost makes some of the show make more sense.

At any rate, I think it was fairly good. Weird like the show, but not too weird. Lots of eye candy for those who are into that. I'd be interested to hear what others think.

Lotan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite enjoyed it, but then, i'm also fanatical about the cartoon. something about strange existential meanderings, lots of violence, and mostly nude women just gets me every time. I've seen the whole stretch of cartoons, and also the movie.

i have to disagree about the movie making the cartoon make more sence though. not that it makes it more confusing, but just that it doesn't help. but then, i never had issues 'getting' what the cartoon was about. the big thing that everyone has issues with in the cartoon is that there is no continuity. each episode is independent of all the others. which is why i didn't mind the changes in the movie. i took it as yet another independant, yet similar aeon flux thing. it was good though. and as close as they could make to the cartoon without getting a rating that ensured that it would never see major play time in a real theater. or getting people hurt in the production(well, other than charlize theron).

i think i would have liked it more if it had been weirder, but then, i really like weird stuff.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Slight Spoilers*

I think I was about 15 when I was watching the show, and I don't think we had cable, so I only caught an episode here and there. Maybe the lack of continuity was more confusing since I never really saw it all.

The part that I thought made more sense is that you almost get the feeling that "this happened before" from the movie, or could happen again. And to some degree you can see how her relationship would change slightly in each of these re-occurances.

It was a long time ago, so I don't remember the show so well. So maybe it doesn't help.

Lotan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, thats a pretty interesting thought. i hadn't looked at it that way. it does lend some sort of sence to it. hmmm.... i'll have to think on that.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should buy the show on DVD sometime. I remember catching half the episodes, or bits and pieces, and always saying, "Wait, she's sleeping with that dude now? I thought she hated him" "Wait, she's dead?!?!", etc.

So I kind of thought half way through the movie that they were going to make it out as if there had been generations of Aeons as there were Trevors, but in the end the guy says he "held" her, so that throws a slight monkey wrench in that thought... although you can kind of see it still being that way.

Maybe I just need things to be more rational than they really need to be.

Lotan
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do have a tendancy to like things to be slightly surreal, or maybe even really surreal. i think in a past life i was LSD. anyway, the lack of sence in the conventional manner has never bugged me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Movies/TV/Music/Books All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: