The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discussion of the week (1/9/2006) - President Bush
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Hampshire looks to be the next state to legalize gay marriage: Link
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
New Hampshire looks to be the next state to legalize gay marriage: Link

One of the reason why there's a lot of New Hampshirites moving to the South or to Canada is that people from MA moved just over the border to avoid taxes, formed a majority, and now are turning their state into MA. It's not like a lot of the people moving care about gay marriage, they just resent how fast the State is being changed.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who vote are generally in the minority vs. the entire population. Anecdotally, this can support the idea that the majority of citizens either don't give a crap about gay marriage one way or the other, or that they support it but not to the degree they are going to hit a ballot box they never go to for anything else. Realistically, its an empty statement. Regardless, I find contention with your assessment as putting your own ideas about the whys and wherefores into the mouths of all those you described. Anecdotally, it holds even less value than my empty statement, and therefore, realistically, it is a black hole. So thanks for breaking physics, jerk!
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrushFearSynth wrote:
People who vote are generally in the minority vs. the entire population. Anecdotally, this can support the idea that the majority of citizens either don't give a crap about gay marriage one way or the other, or that they support it but not to the degree they are going to hit a ballot box they never go to for anything else. Realistically, its an empty statement. Regardless, I find contention with your assessment as putting your own ideas about the whys and wherefores into the mouths of all those you described. Anecdotally, it holds even less value than my empty statement, and therefore, realistically, it is a black hole. So thanks for breaking physics, jerk!

I know a lot of people from New Hampshire (and I go up there at least once a month) and this is what they tell me. They feel that people from MA went there because of the taxes, discovered they didn't get as many services, and now are turning their state into another MA. The old majority of the "Live Free Or Die" state is now the minority. Many are sick of that and are leaving.

So yes, I do know what I'm talking about so shut your ignorant yapper.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ignorant yapper? I'm not the one who is consistently oblivious to humor, or taking offense at it. Not to mention the fact that you certainly do not know or have spoken to, on this issue or any other, all, or even what can be considered a large number, of the 1,315,809+ residents, so I'd say you're talking out your ass.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrushFearSynth wrote:
My ignorant yapper? I'm not the one who is consistently oblivious to humor, or taking offense at it. Not to mention the fact that you certainly do not know or have spoken to, on this issue or any other, all, or even what can be considered a large number, of the 1,315,809+ residents, so I'd say you're talking out your ass.

So because you belligerently attacked my credibility, I have to go find one of the many articles I've spoken to my NH friends about over the past 3-4 years, while getting their input. Bullshit. We'll settle this in eight days the old fashioned way.

CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUUUUUUUDE! I'm going to screw with you way more often if you keep dishing out awesome ideas like this.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrushFearSynth wrote:
DUUUUUUUDE! I'm going to screw with you way more often if you keep dishing out awesome ideas like this.

I think I was in 10th grade when my brother got nerf fencing. Me and a friend would have duels with them which amounted to the same tactics as a baseball bat fight. The sound it made tha-whapping against someone's back never stopped being hilarious.

Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's about damn time: Link
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
Well it's about damn time: Link

Did you know The Today Show (or maybe it was one of the other two) hired her?

Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember to take a moment and reflect on the fact that 6 years ago today, Dick Cheney shot his best friend in the face... and then made him apologize for getting shot in the face.

Cake with frosting depicting Dick Cheney shooting his friend in the face is appropriate for today's anniversary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: