The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

online dating sites?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smitty
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great marriage for 10 years. Never even considered what happened a possibility. About 2 years ago the sex life got real shitty then on March 18th 2009 I discover about $2 grand worth of meth in my house and I exploded on her, destroyed the meth and she tells me she wants a divorce. So we move out of the house and she takes the kids. Now at this point I'm in a catch 22. I cant prove she's on meth because i destroyed the evidence but at the same time if I would have called the cops they would have arrested us both and took the kids away. So knowing what I know about meth I just kept quiet and waited for her to hang herself. Meth addicts are so predictable. 6 moths later Alabama Drug Task force raided her house and hauled her away. So now the kids live safely with me and life goes on. If anyone ever thinks their loved one is on Meth the symptoms are just about uniform. Inability to tell the truth about anything. Continuously talking and absolutely will not shut the fuck up, they are broke all the time (if its your wife you may wonder where all your hard earned money is going) when confronted they get real defensive, paranoid and bi polar. So if you ever feel the need to choke the ever living shit out of your significant other, have them pee in a cup first.

“The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.” -Thomas Jefferson
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That definitely sucks, Smitty, sorry man.

Also...

Quote:
So if you ever feel the need to choke the ever living shit out of your significant other, have them pee in a cup first.

haha
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend Adam on OKCupid:

"I know there are 10,000 girls out there that aren't for me. OKCupid just gives them all names."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha!
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
khimaira
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and then, I LOL'd.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty, that freakin sucks.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised AFF worked. I thought it would be all dudes on there.

When I was single I met chicks from myspace, okcupid, match and craigslist.

Has anyone head of ashleymadison.com ? It for people looking to cheat - LOL.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OkCupid also did a breakdown of data for the two big pay dating sites. It's mostly based on the advertising data that they provide and the picture that can be gotten from that still makes the pay sites look like a big waste of money.

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/why-you-should-never-pay-for-online-dating/
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the analysis they do. Their assumption that all of the single people are "single and looking" is weak though. A lot of the people who are "single" but not subscribing are in relationships but not married, so demonstrating that they marry more often than subscribers doesn't say much.

A more useful metric would be to see how many of new marriages met on a dating site, and how many didn't and then ratio that out with total subscribers & total population. That would actually require a non-OkCupid survey though, which would cost money.

The analysis also bases all of the percentages on the highest possible number of subscribers, which makes the percentages look worse than they really are. The article describes it as charity to assume that they have more users, but then turns that large user base against them by putting it into the denominator of most of the calculations.

I still really like OkCupid though. I've never tried a pay site and probably wouldn't even if I were single.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see your reply until now, Mish. While I'm not sure, my guess would be that their "single and looking" criteria is based on someone selecting both single and looking for long/short term relationships. In my case, my profile currently says I'm single and looking for friends, so I would guess I would be excluded from the "single and looking"group.

Also, although I'm not including a link because this is from my Droid, check out their latest trend. It compares Gays to Straights and was inspired by douche bag politicians who use homophobia as a wedge issue.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link:

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/gay-sex-vs-straight-sex/

Fucking act like it.

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It helps to get inside the body of a gay man when making this type of analysis.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wut?

Fucking act like it.

Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotan wrote:
My friend Adam on OKCupid:

"I know there are 10,000 girls out there that aren't for me. OKCupid just gives them all names."

Funny update is that Adam has been dating a girl for about a year now that he met on OKCupid.

Their blog is fantastic. I think it has to be taken with a certain grain of salt considering they can only pull from their users, and that in itself is a certain bias that can't be blanketed across the US(Or the world), but it's still always a good read.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: