The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not trying to start a religious debate, but...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF?

The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it's all part of God's grand design: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/pope-benedict-xvis-leaked-documents-show-fractured-vatican-full-of-rivalries/2013/02/16/23ce0280-76c2-11e2-8f84-3e4b513b1a13_story.html
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fuck, yo?

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck those guys.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... they sure as hell ain't doin' it!

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are weird.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either he or she will probably wind up not liking their partner that they didn't "test drive". This will not wind up well.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But they'll stay together because that's what God wants.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like the bar for saint-hood has been lowered a bit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22499327
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The One-Upmanship begin has begun!

I give it 50 years and everyone on the planet will be a saint.

Wait a minute... Are they taking a page out of the Mormon book? Catholicising non-Catholics after their death?
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That angle hadn't even occured to me.

Also, by pure odds, at least one of those 800 had to be gay, one had to be an atheist, and one had to be a pagan!

Holy crap, we totally just got our first, openly, Gay Saint, Atheist Saint, and Pagan Saint! All in one day!
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And people say that the Roman Catholic Church is against progress.
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new Black Sabbath tune exposes Ozzy's heretofore-unknown beef with Friedrich Nietzsche.

Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, no kidding.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes forget that we live in a world where people not only believe in exorcism but have "serious" debates over whether or not one took place... good grief.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22616792
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never underestimate the power of believing in fairy tales.
Edit: Well, dang. 4 more replies until this one gets locked and moved.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a creepy, old, religious dude in a white dress and hat touched my dome, I would scream too.

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news, he apparently just admitted that Atheists can be good people even though they don't believe in God and as such, they will be allowed into heaven. So congrats guys, you get stuck spending eternity worshiping a God you don't believe in but I guess it beats eternal fire.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeflonJon wrote:
In other news, he apparently just admitted that Atheists can be good people even though they don't believe in God and as such, they will be allowed into heaven. So congrats guys, you get stuck spending eternity worshiping a God you don't believe in but I guess it beats eternal fire.

How the heck does he get around Revelation 21:8, John 14:6, Hebrews 11:6, and probably various others?
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
How the heck does he get around Revelation 21:8, John 14:6, Hebrews 11:6, and probably various others?

The same way we do. Recognize it as fiction and move on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 70 of 71

Jump to: