The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warhammer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Warhammer Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have nothing against anyone in the guild. I think that it was a valiant effort, but this game is pretty massive in scope, and just doesn't have the people required to do it.

The PvP is a blast. I love taking keeps and dumping hot oil on people but you take the keep, then 10 mins later they take it back. This game would be epic if it just had more people. For keep defense, for PQs, hell even the idea of taking a city.

But sadly, it just doesn't have the numbers. Maybe the went too big with this.
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will see how it plays out maybe we will get an influx over the holidays after everyone gets bored with wotlk. I have been in some pretty epic battles though 50-100 people on each side.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got back into WoW today. And I have to say...It just seems better. I logged in and found almost 30 people online. And that's just in our guild.

With the changes that were made, I have to say...it's pretty freaking awesome.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellion wrote:

But sadly, it just doesn't have the numbers. Maybe the went too big with this.

I read a review that gave it a 9.0, but pointed out that they don't have the capacity to put enough players on servers at this time to solve what you are talking about.

FWIW, I'm having a real blast playing the game.

If anyone finds a more active guild that they want to join, I'd be for it as long as we all went. Hopefully, it would make finding lively PQ's much easier. There would be a vetting process, of course.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathforce wrote:
We will see how it plays out maybe we will get an influx over the holidays after everyone gets bored with wotlk. I have been in some pretty epic battles though 50-100 people on each side.

Have you been back on?

And yeah, the channel chat has helped me experience tier 2 RvR for the first time with my witch elf. There's also more open RvR with that feature and a bigger exp bonus. Good stuff.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no I havent been on I don't get paid till thursday this week.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellion wrote:
Well, I got back into WoW today. And I have to say...It just seems better. I logged in and found almost 30 people online. And that's just in our guild.

With the changes that were made, I have to say...it's pretty freaking awesome.

I wouldn't expect anything different, Kellion. WoW has a much larger head start AND has the backing over nearly 10 million people. You had BETTER find at least 30 people on that you know.

I'm sure the changes are great, but they made some changes that really don't make any sense to me whatsoever and it's still the same old thing. I will still never get to see 50-60% of the content because I'm not a raider.

That said, I really wish that WAR had more in the way of PvE content that meant something. They have a lair boss (which are a great concept) in the T1 Elven zones that is a level 11 hero. We couldn't be her with a tank, 2 healers and 3 DPS. If we brought anyone higher, BAM! they turn into a chicken and are useless. So you need to form a warband for 1-2 pieces of gear drop? At level 11?! Ridiculous.

And again, the RvR is far better in this game than PvP on WoW. I've not been a huge PvP person, but it has grown on me. Fighting against a real (sometimes reasoning) person makes the game alot better. Scenarios aren't one-sided. Keep raids are friggin rough!! Nothing compares to it in WoW.

Not only is WotLK going to hurt the WAR populace, it's already started with the releases of some great off-line games too. Dead Space, LBP, Guitar Hero: World Tour (I suck at this thing), Fable 2, etc...

It would be nice to see them merge servers with population balance issues to throw more people into the game at each other. Openning up Scenarios with cross server capabilities (Yes, like WoW did) so that way, I can experience the other two scenarios what don't exist in T1 anymore.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been talking to some members of Black Legion about the possibility of joining them if we all want a larger/more active guild. I like the way their leader, Balnor, runs RvR and they have a decent presence in the game. One of their guys said they have 220 members listed, but they need to do a lot of cleaning up due to drops/alts, but you figure they gotta have like 50 real people in it.

When Simo gets back on, we should have a sitdown. Smile

chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the "witching hour" event should have 100 v 100 at least tonight in Barak Varr. It's basically the first side to kill 100 has to kill a giant monster and then they roll for PQ loot. There a battlefield for every tier.

Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh the witching hour event sounds pretty awesome.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chowda wrote:
And the "witching hour" event should have 100 v 100 at least tonight in Barak Varr. It's basically the first side to kill 100 has to kill a giant monster and then they roll for PQ loot. There a battlefield for every tier.

What time?
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what is really annoying how come I can't use my paypal account to renew my WAR subscription. I mean its paypal ffs. Mad
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because both WAR and Paypal hate you, nubcake.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done four tier 3 Witching Hour PQ's and I'm 2-2. It's basically the first side to kill 100 not near a keep or objective (where the take/defend replaces the PQ count on the screen) wins. In the first three, Order had way more than us and camped our warcamp. It was awesome the way each side tried to bait, pull, and range the other to draw out kills. In the fourth, we had like 4 warbands after an unsuccessful keep assault and just romped. I haven't rolled any of the special loot yet, though. There's some cool-looking masks to win.

The weird thing was the first three went off about 30-45 minutes apart. There was crazy RvR there for almost two hours waiting on it to come up again as word spread, but it didn't pop until everyone left. With this and the added exp, they really got going some cool pitched battles. I'm curious how tier 4 is going. Then again, I've explored the chaos wastes RvR cities and that's 10,000 times cooler. That's also the hardcore players that do RvR all the time.

Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chowda - I'm surprised you never tried out WoW with us, considering the group we play with, we always had a great guild, and usually had quite a bit of fun together. When I first started playing with the guys/gal (Fyre/Haven/Kell/Spyder/Mojo/Mongo) we all used to group together for quests, instances, etc. We were almost always together. I think you'd have really enjoyed it.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resheph wrote:
Chowda - I'm surprised you never tried out WoW with us, considering the group we play with, we always had a great guild, and usually had quite a bit of fun together. When I first started playing with the guys/gal (Fyre/Haven/Kell/Spyder/Mojo/Mongo) we all used to group together for quests, instances, etc. We were almost always together. I think you'd have really enjoyed it.

I only got back in touch with Hatte through facebook about 9 months ago and only got on BEB in July. The thing about WoW is that it was the bane of my existence as an instructor in NY. Somehow, I always got the student who didn't sleep so they could play it. I also felt like stabbing my ears out when my co-workers would talk everquest over lunch. Another thing is I worked rough hours and didn't have a decent computer until now.

Now, I manage a home business that just needs to be kept up on, no real "work" since I set my system up. I can literally manage my business, get drunk, and play WAR all at the same time. That's my American dream!

I've also always been partial to the Warhammer brand.

Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've never been partial to either, I'm not an RTS'er, so I have no ties. Seriously, if you can manage WAR....you owe it to yourself to try out WoW...seriously, since I think at least one of us probably still has a free "give your buddy a trial". It's far from Evercrack, though yes, it is still WoWcrack. Then again, can you say you're not hooked on WARcrack?

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resheph wrote:
Well, I've never been partial to either, I'm not an RTS'er, so I have no ties. Seriously, if you can manage WAR....you owe it to yourself to try out WoW...seriously, since I think at least one of us probably still has a free "give your buddy a trial". It's far from Evercrack, though yes, it is still WoWcrack. Then again, can you say you're not hooked on WARcrack?

Thanks, but no thanks. I would never leave the house if I were playing two MMO's.

Another thing: WAR is filling my "1 serious RPG a year I get into" quota. I may not get to Fallout 3 or Fable 2 until 2009. All three coming out at the same time is killing me. Fallout got a frakin 9.6, but I haven't played a MMORPG since Anarchy Online's launch and I'm really engrossed in WAR right now.

chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and they are rolling out the two remaining tanks in December. I'm straight leveling a black guard so come Christmas, I'm stompin noobs in tier 3.

Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are doing a special event where you can rack up influence and if you get enough you can unlock the new classes a week early.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Warhammer Online All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: