The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DAoC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: DAoC Reply with quote

Not that this warrants a new thread or anything, but am I blind or is there no thread dedicated to this game? Personally, I never played it(no surprise there), but everyone I know who likes MMO games used to play this nonstop. Until WoW came out. I mean EVERYONE. Is there some sort of animosity going on on this board? I have no opinion about the game, it just struck me as curious - every other MMO game in the universe seems to have a thread. Maybe I'm just oblivious and missed it.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it sort of just got over shadowed by everything else that was coming out at the same time.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us played it for a while, way back when. The game WAS pretty damn awesome! I think it STILL has the best PvP system out there. I even tried to go back to it for the 2-week trial. They changed alot of stuff, but the graphics are still sub-par in my book.

Couldn't take it after one day, so I stopped playing.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAoC was a milestone for me. That was the first game (and only one so far) that I've hit the level cap. I had a Shaman named Fiddlefoddle. It was pretty fun. There's no way I could go back now, since you can't cast spells that have a casting time while something is attacking your in melee.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graphics are never a priority for me. It's a bonus, to be sure, but I'm all about story story story.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graphics engine, on the other hand, is important. If the engine blows so bad that it takes forever to load a new zone, then it's a real turn-off.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, load times are ridiculous, especially since they are unnecessary. I forgot the formal term, but basically you can have all relevant, on-screen data loaded into memory the moment you experience it, in realtime, and even advanced, memory heavy next gen graphics can make use of it. The tech has been around for years, I wonder why only a few games have used it.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably want to be available to gamers with older machines. I'm sure they make up at least half of the gamers out there.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Leedon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEEHEE!!

When I wasn't tanking and moosing I was stabbing dudes in the face!!!
It makes no sense to me.

-Flirtin' with Disaster, Molly Hatchet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: