The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scoreboard time!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Scoreboard time! Reply with quote

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome.

Lotan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rooting for PC

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's not fair, XBOX 360 has about a year's head-start
khimaira
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You silly Americans. Sony is just flexing it's muscles as the new World Super Power. Can any country inspire a people to stand in the rain, get shot at, and risk prison? I'll bet Sony's CEO is just laughing his arse off! I would be. hahaha
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like that, yeah.

An Asshat from Sony wrote:
Interviewer's Q: Do you have a response for people experiencing backwards compatibility issues and/or television upscaling problems?

Sony's A: I would like my car to fly and make me breakfast, but that's an unrealistic expectation.

Fucking act like it.

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eisen wrote:
Well that's not fair, XBOX 360 has about a year's head-start

Check back here often -- we'll see how the whole thing pans out.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter how long the 360 or Wii are out they are both superior machines and both will be out sold by the Sony POS.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naysayer. Every damn one of those machines is just fine. I'm waiting a while to purchase to give them time to crunch some bugs and make more games, but all three will adorn my living room and all three will bring me a lot of fun. As they will everyone else. Discriminating between game machines is retarded.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Discriminating between game machines is retarded.

I'll be lucky if I can afford one of them, so I pretty much have to do this to some extent.

Fucking act like it.

midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discriminating between gaming machines isnt retarded, its what any consumer should do. PS3 isnt better than 360 and doesnt have any exclusives that are enticing me to it so whats the point in getting one?
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have elaborated. Discriminating between game machines is retarded based on ridiculous criteria. Each game machine is going to provide content that sits well with some and content that does not satisfy others. There will assuredly be content that appeals to all audiences involved. In the end, obtaining any system will yield the same rewards as any other choice you could have made. Barring preconceptions, personal experiences with former products(could also go under preconceptions) and plain old desire.

Quote:
PS3 isn't better than 360 and doesn't have any exclusives that are enticing me to it so whats the point in getting one?
...360 and Wii...they are both superior machines

This is simply your opinion, and will certainly be disagreed with by multitudes of consumers. I'm going to buy the PS3 because I want one, that is the only point I need(even though I have confidence that the PS3 will own both systems). Not buying one system because it isn't better than another is no way for me to look at the situation if I'm a personally responsible consumer. Only if it can be proven that it is worse than another should influence that decision, and that can't be done at this point.

If you are talking about problems that have been reported(before one unit found itself in the hands of consumers, no less), it must also be taken under consideration that all systems at launch will have problems, many of those unforeseen as everything may go well in the lab despite hundreds of hours of experimentation, only to be discovered once units are manufactured for mass market and distributed to thousands of people. Or the problems may have started at the manufacturing level. Those problems will be fixed if they exist. There is also another possibility to consider, that the problems may be "widely reported", but may still represent a tiny minority of consumers, so the problem could be with individual factories or whathaveyou. Let's say 10,000 people report something bad with a certain system. That's a lot of people. Then let's say that 3 million units have been sold. Doesn't seem so bad after all. Not enough of a deterrent for a discriminating consumer, the statistics are in his or her favor. If Sony did nothing to correct their mistakes, I would say consumers should avoid the product and other Sony products until they start behaving responsibly. I, for one, have had fantastic results with my Sony products, so I will continue to trust their integrity until they give me a reason not to.

The only discrimination that can realistically be done is one of personal choice, fiscal necessity and reliable consumer information as to the performance of the product. Since the PS3 is only a day out of launch, I don't believe that information exists. And unless a very large chunk of the units they have sold are reported to have serious problems(and not propaganda and rumormongering by the competition), I won't worry about it. Yours seems to be one of personal choice, and that's fine. In any case, it's your decision and that is all that matters and noone can have anything to say about it. But denigrating a system you choose not to get, while it's your freedom to do so, doesn't make it right. You can call the PS3 or the Wii or the 360 or the Atari 2600 crap all day long, I'm going to find enjoyment from all of them based on their individual merits.

I don't believe any of the systems are better than any other. I feel that, essentially, they are the same. One might have games and functionalities another might not, they're still just consoles and I'll have fun with any of them. I don't see a real reason not to get any one of them, or two, or all.

*simplified afterthought: discriminating against a system is retarded, discriminating between them isn't. There's a difference.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To summarize: Crush thinks the "Console Fanboy" wars are retarded.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't I think of that?
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but he also thinks R.E.M. sings Mad World so where does that leave us? I agree though for the most part. Very Happy
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wii's comming up from behind rather fast.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the Wii's that was sold is sitting in my living room Very Happy

Lotan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Demin
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here Smile
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.E.M. did cover Mad World a long time ago. I had it on a crappy mix cd back in high school.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: