The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOTRO Beta
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: LOTRO Beta Reply with quote

Anyone else in yet?
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get accepted and get to download it already?

I filled out the form.
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it? It looks interesting, possibly something I might migrate too when it comes out as well if it's any good.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of waiting til warhammer online as the next MMO I play.
Demin
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. Just gotta do mega download.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The play style is JUST like WoW. Its a lot of fun and very very pretty. Likin it so far. I am a lvl 7 loremaster named Umwelt if anyone cares to look me up.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was acceptance pretty much instant then? Or was this something you guys put in for a while back?

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did mine this morning and didn't get anything so I guess it is not automated / instant.
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied earlier today as well.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied months ago.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

applied today.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Demin
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it months ago also
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of worried about how this MMO is going to go. I think it may run into some of the same problems SWG had due to being in a "Set Universe".

Just like with SWG they are going to have to deal with certain expectations and limits impossed because of the history of the universe they are working within.

I think it would have a been a better idea to set the game time period during "The Hobbit". They could still have all of the char's present that people want to meet up with but they wouldn't be bound to the events in LOTR. The Hobbit doesn't have the far reaching consequences of LOTR and there is plenty of room for interpretation as to what is going on throughout the rest of Middle Earth during this time period.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can't really think of anything to say back to that but I'm determined to keep my name at the end of all the Forum Topics, or at least the one's I'm allowed to post in, for a little longer.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think it would have a been a better idea to set the game time period during "The Hobbit". They could still have all of the char's present that people want to meet up with but they wouldn't be bound to the events in LOTR. The Hobbit doesn't have the far reaching consequences of LOTR and there is plenty of room for interpretation as to what is going on throughout the rest of Middle Earth during this time period.

I was wrong about being able to meet up with everyone. Since LOTR takes place about 80 years after The Hobbit you wouldn't be able to meet up with all of the human char's.
Leedon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be so worried about the set universe as I would be the program team being a retarded cat that pissed on the keyboard as with the case of SWG. They didn't have to change a thing, but now the game is turning into WoSWG. That's a story for another time, though.
It makes no sense to me.

-Flirtin' with Disaster, Molly Hatchet
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If SWG was showing any kind of improvement after they change (and they haven't based on my pre-change and post-change playing), then the WoSWG might not be a bad thing. Perhaps is my problem is that the semi-humorous combining of World of Warcraft (the best MMOG out) and SWG (the worst MMOG out) just gets my goat. However, since Sony is STILL keeping it's hands in it, it will be more apt to be called EverSWG... a combination of the more comparible games.

I put in my app for the LOTRO beta and used our site as a "gaming guild" in hopes that it may help me get in sooner. But if it takes a couple months to get a beta invite, then I doubt my app will help any.

Test out the Captain for me a time or two! Sounds like the class I would most likely play.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really weren't any important human characters in The Hobbit besides Bard. Beorn wasn't actually human, so it wouldn't be a stretch to include him in the game. I'd prefer the game take place after the events in Return of the King if I were concerned about freedom of story. Personally, I want a game set in the span of the Silmarillion. Morgoth was a badass.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had thought of Silmarillion, which would be very cool, but it wouldn't have the recognition for people that are only casual fans. My thought with the Hobbit wasn't so much using the main char's from that as being able to travel throughout middle earth and see younger versions of the char's from LOTR.

I wonder if they will have PC's on both sides of the conflict? Play as an Orc or an Elf?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: