The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New car "advice"? (Mazda 3 Sport)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: New car "advice"? (Mazda 3 Sport) Reply with quote

It's nearly time for me to replace my 1993 Honda Civic Si Hatchback (and no, not just because some idiot smashed a window and stole my stereo on Friday), and I'm most likely going to get a 2007 Mazda 3 Sport GT.

Anyone have any opinions on it, good or bad?

Knowing me, I'll go through the motions of examining alternatives, but I'm pretty sure this is the car I'll get. I want something that is a true replacement for the hatchback, so either need another hatchback, a small wagon, or a small SUV, so that does limit the playing field. I also don't want to spend a lot of money, since it's "just a car", but I like having something nice (I'd rather get a top of the line "cheap" car than a bottom of the line "expensive" car).

And yes, it really does look a lot like a big brother of my '93 Civic. Very Happy

Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the mazda 3 speed version?
Alot more hourse power Very Happy

Or a Subaru WRX Wagon.
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you gotta know I'm gonna pipe up and say nice things about Subarus. I love 'em. I currently own my fourth Subaru. AWD rules.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you have? I Forget from the other threads, was it an Outback?
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, an Outback. I had an '03, which I absolutely adored, but was forced to sell it and accept a '96 instead. Soon as I can afford it, I want a Legacy GT wagon. Those are freaking nice.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge fan of Subaru as well. My next car will most likely be an Outback wagon.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this...

Saturn Sky
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be fooled, it's merely a snap-on body kit. Saturn doesn't make cool looking cars.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Saturn once. It was pretty damn cool looking. Better than that gay mile high spoiler nonsense with an exhaust system that sounds like a playing card in the spokes of a bicycle moving at high speeds. LOOK AT HOW BIG I WANT YOU TO THINK MY PENIS IS!
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charcoal_tIMC wrote:
Don't be fooled, it's merely a snap-on body kit. Saturn doesn't make cool looking cars.

Nope, that is the actual car, you can buy it new exactly like that.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you can by it exactly like that...but it's a fucking Saturn. Enough said.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resheph wrote:

I only found it because I was looking for a hybrid with a body style I liked and a price tag I could afford. Turns out that they haven't produced that hybrid yet. The next best thing is a car that gets +30 mpg, which this car does. Although if I did buy it I would end up buying the turbo model, at which point I'm pretty sure it no longer gets +30 mpg.
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
Resheph wrote:

I only found it because I was looking for a hybrid with a body style I liked and a price tag I could afford. Turns out that they haven't produced that hybrid yet. The next best thing is a car that gets +30 mpg, which this car does. Although if I did buy it I would end up buying the turbo model, at which point I'm pretty sure it no longer gets +30 mpg.

You want +30 MPG? Buy a '79 Subaru wagon with a 5-speed. I used to regularly get 40-45 MPG with mine, so long as I stayed up on the maintenance and kept my foot out of the throttle. Really, though, if you're expecting that throttle response in first-generation Subarus to be an issue, you should be thinking dual-carb. The Fuji carb in those models is like a GM Quadrajet in that it has a tiny primary jet and a huge secondary. One carb per bank of cylinders. Tune by vacuum. It'll scream, at least for a 1600CC engine.

Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see one problem with that Madhatte, I want a convertible for my next car.

I still have my Explorer and plan on keeping it for hauling stuff around and for the 4 wheel drive when I need it.

I want my next car to be a manual trans, good gas millage (at least +30, preferably a hybrid), fun to drive, and a convertible. I would also like to get a new car if for no other reason than I have no other responsibilities that I have to worry about right now and want to enjoy my freedom before life sneaks up on me and gets in the way.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for Tsakiki: I'd say go for it. If it's right up your alley, and in your price range, why not take it? I don't know much about Mazda's at all, besides the fact that the RX7 rocks my face off. If it's comfy to you, you like it, and it fits yours needs, why not buy it? Just make sure your dealer isn't a bunch of fuck-tards, get a good warranty on it, and get a good deal on it, then you're good to go!

Edit Towards Trassin:
Trassin: The need for a convertible is the need for a cock in your ass. You're gay. But you do drive an Exploder so I understand. As gay as it might sound (besides the fact that you demand a convertible with 30+ mpg = gay) I'd suggest a Saab or a Volvo. I haven't payed much attention to their lineup recently but I'm sure they have something gay enough for you. Very Happy

Non-Gay would = A used convertible Corvette! If 2 seats, half way decent interior, and all around performance is your goal, PLUS 30+ mpg (and slightly higher insurance) then the Vette is for you bud! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

And thats probably the worst pic ever of my baby! Very Happy

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Fyredancer
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsakiki,

while i'm not that familiar with the 3, I've had 3 mazdas over my driving lifetime and have absolutely loved every one of them.

323 hatchback - I drove that puppy into the ground! awesome little workhorse of a car, excellent gas mileage and would do anything I asked it to Smile

B2500 truck - good truck, good gas mileage, would probably still have it if not for the...

Miata - holy crap I love this car!! excellent gas mileage, lots of 'zoom zoom' and it's beautiful.

The bulk of my family is the same way, we had a B2000 truck (89) that ran freakin forever, mom drives (or drove, until it was totaled, she's shopping for a new one now) a 97 miata with 150,000+ miles that ran like a dream, dad had many RX7's over the years, Haven's RX8, etc etc, none of them have had any complaints!

(the one time I ventured out of mazda land was with a @#$#@ piece of shit corsica that was ALWAYS in the shop, will not be making that mistake again!)
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Saturns, the Saturn Sky is hot. The redline model should be cool. It is basicly the same car as the Pontiac Solstice and Opal (whatever).

I think the original model was an Opal and brought over here as a saturn and pontiac.

I would consider buying a Saturn. I would NEVER buy a Ford. They are such crap. And never a Kia or Hyundai.

However with the Saturn Sky the reviews in like car and driver and such, none of the reviews like the car except for the styling. Susposedly the handling sucks.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Edit Towards Trassin:
Trassin: The need for a convertible is the need for a cock in your ass. You're gay. But you do drive an Exploder so I understand. As gay as it might sound (besides the fact that you demand a convertible with 30+ mpg = gay) I'd suggest a Saab or a Volvo. I haven't payed much attention to their lineup recently but I'm sure they have something gay enough for you. Very Happy

Non-Gay would = A used convertible Corvette! If 2 seats, half way decent interior, and all around performance is your goal, PLUS 30+ mpg (and slightly higher insurance) then the Vette is for you bud! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

First off, I was in the navy for 6 years, of course I'm gay, stupid.

Anyways though, if by gay you mean that I don't need to waste all my money on a car to show how much of a man I am or make up for some other insecurity, then sure, I'm gay.

Tell you what, you can have your corvette with its retarded insurance and waste of gas, mean while I'll be using my extra money to spend quality time with beautiful women on a beach somewhere in Spain.

Oh, and by the way, the +30 mpg is partially because I'm trying to help keep a few billion people from dieing about 50 years from now, but you're right, that is pretty gay.

As a side note, a corvette that isn't a convertible is an even bigger waste of fucking money.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice everyone, especially the pro-Mazda sentiments from Fyredancer. The WRX and Outback are more than I want to spend, but I will add the Subaru Impreza 2.5i SE Wagon to my short list. I think it's an ugly car though, and since I keep my cars so long, I really want one that I think is attractive as well as a good car. Subaru gets such good word-of-mouth for its winter driving capability, it's hard to neglect it here in the frozen northlands.

Exzavier, I don't need the higher-powered Mazdaspeed3 or the WRX. I like a peppy car, but I don't need to treat each red light as a launch pad. As long as I can hit 65 mph before the end of a freeway on-ramp, I'm happy. The extra cost for more power isn't worth it to me, not to mention the higher insurance and higher fuel consumption as well.

Current short list:

Mazda 3 Sport GT
Subaru Impreza 2.5i SE Wagon
Toyota Matrix
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
I see one problem with that Madhatte, I want a convertible for my next car.

Sawzall and duct tape. Cut the roof off -- summer car! Tape the roof back on -- winter car! Problem solved.

Geeze, you guys make such a big deal of things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: