The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New car "advice"? (Mazda 3 Sport)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhatte wrote:
Trassin wrote:
I see one problem with that Madhatte, I want a convertible for my next car.

Sawzall and duct tape. Cut the roof off -- summer car! Tape the roof back on -- winter car! Problem solved.

Geeze, you guys make such a big deal of things.

I was actually trying to find a picture of a subaru that had that done to it, no luck though.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
Madhatte wrote:
Trassin wrote:
I see one problem with that Madhatte, I want a convertible for my next car.

Sawzall and duct tape. Cut the roof off -- summer car! Tape the roof back on -- winter car! Problem solved.

Geeze, you guys make such a big deal of things.

I was actually trying to find a picture of a subaru that had that done to it, no luck though.

Crap on a crap cracker. I was gonna post a link to a messageboard of Subaru enthusiasts from this area, at least one of whom I KNOW has cut the top off of a wagon, but they went and changed their forum software and format and now it's members-only, and my account from before has been deleted. Bleh. If I can find a pic, I'll be sure and post it.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyways though, if by gay you mean that I don't need to waste all my money on a car to show how much of a man I am or make up for some other insecurity, then sure, I'm gay.

You can pick up a used Vette for less then the Sky is new. And the insurance really isn't that bad, plus I can get nearly 40mpg in it Razz

Quote:
Oh, and by the way, the +30 mpg is partially because I'm trying to help keep a few billion people from dieing about 50 years from now, but you're right, that is pretty gay.

Who the hell cares about people? Dork.

Quote:
As a side note, a corvette that isn't a convertible is an even bigger waste of fucking money.

Sorry, I enjoy the minimal chassis flex of my Z as opposed to the flex you get in a convertible. And I also enjoy the thought that I won't get my head taken off if I flip the damn thing some how. My buddies dad is 6'11" (seriously....) and he drives a convertible 03. The top HAS to be down, because his head sticks about 5" above the windshield. It's a pretty funny sight to see.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resheph wrote:
I can get nearly 40mpg in it

How? More importantly, why isn't this more widely publicized?

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first theres the 1 to 4 shift. All standard Vettes have a 2nd gear lock out under 15mph, meaning something blocks you from going into 2nd, and instead the shifter is re-directed towards 4th gear. It's an economy feature for driving around town. Fourth gear around town is pretty efficient because the car is just lugging around in very low RPM's. I can toss it in 5th or 6th around town (Top speed is achieved in 5th, 6th is the highway econo gear) and get 37+mpg no problem because the cars lugging around 1k RPM. Then I get bored and drop it down to second, and let my straight pipes sing Twisted Evil

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Innerestin'.

Demin
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could also take a look at the VW line. They have the Rabbit and City Golf.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can actually find the Golf online right now, at least not the diesel model. They had to rework the engine to meet emission standards and the new model won't be out till '08
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think you can actually find the Golf online right now, at least not the diesel model. They had to rework the engine to meet emission standards and the new model won't be out till '08

Really? I didn't hear about that. What was wrong?

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It had to do with the switch to ultra-low sulfur diesel and the engines in both the Golf and Jetta needing to updated as a result. Not so much a defect with the engines as a change in the content of the fuel they will be burning and emission standards.

They were originally supposed to be released in '07 but were delayed for some reason until '08. However, I read somewhere yesterday that you can still buy the '06 models at some dealerships.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrobumping my old new car advice thread...

It took me over 20 months, but I finally bought a new car this weekend to replace my '93 Civic. I ended up going with a 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD. The Mazda 3 Sport was its closest contender, but we've be quite taken with the Rogue, sadly since its first product placement on Heroes last fall. stick out tongue

Anyone need a '93 Civic Si Hatchback that needs new tires, a right front bearing, new windshield, new battery, the stereo recovered by the police reinstalled... Oh nevermind, the Kidney Foundation will tow it for salvage. Sad

The new baby will look like this (need to have the exact one we want located before we get it):
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there you have it: Product placement works. Laughing

Grats on the new car.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is the Rogue up in Canada? With all the taxes and stuff arent they usually like 5,000+ more then the US prices?
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exzavier wrote:
How much is the Rogue up in Canada? With all the taxes and stuff arent they usually like 5,000+ more then the US prices?

The SL AWD base is about 3K higher in Canada at the current exchange rate, though we do get a couple things not on the US model, like daytime running lights and heated mirrors. Our frieight and PDI is higher here as well (1500 vs 750 in the US). And I pay 13% tax in Ontario. So yeah, depending on sales tax in a particular state, it's around 5 grand higher here.
Loupy Lobo
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the oil pan heater... I was laughing so hard I peed my pants a little the first time someone in South Carolina asked me if I had an electric car when they saw the plug-in on the front.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I guessed good. I just guessed 5K in general for most cars.
I wasn't trying to say the car is overpriced.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exzavier wrote:
Wow, I guessed good. I just guessed 5K in general for most cars.
I wasn't trying to say the car is overpriced.

It is overpriced, as are all cars in Canada. Very Happy
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of upgrading my Pontiac Grand Prix to a newer model. I really like Grand Prix's, I don't know why. Maybe it's the fact I'm basically driving a small tank down the road.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a Pontiac G8 GT
Those things are sweet!!!
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousin drives a G6 and I really like it. Too bad she picked up an automatic, that was the only thing I didn't like about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: