The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Postulating Paladin
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Postulating Paladin Reply with quote

For my Belf character, should I ever get around to it, I was contemplating either a priest or a paladin. Something that is more healing oriented. Initially, I considered a priest only... but now I'm thinking of paladin.

As such, I'm wondering about this build.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the recent loss of pretty much all our healers in the guild on Maelstrom, I have been considering doing a temporary swap over to Holy for healing duties.

Here is my proposed build.

Any thoughts?

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually considering respeccing Bjorna over to Holy, actually. I don't really like the offensive side of the Pally all that well. She's only 35, though.

I like healing, but don't like priests. I guess you could say I'd rather be playing a cleric (Ala D&D) than a priest.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you only played as much as you used to with DAoC, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat and power levelling you. But...

Quote:

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since you insist...
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody wasn't on when I was tonight... I did a SM run (successfully) as the main healer for a shammy, crazy mage (who pulled) and two locks. Level range was low to mid 30s. No wipes.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which SM Mongo?
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a small issue with a son who was apparently possessed by demons as witnessed by projectile vomit.

Quote:

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a bitch of a time finding groups with either of my healers.

Bjorna is on the way for this spec.

Melmar is on the way for this spec.

What's the freakin deal?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the LFG tool? Not saying it works all that well, but I (as a tank) try to find groups that are looking. If I end up seeing a healer LFG, I'll ask them and try to build a group around that.

You can always broadcast in General too, see if anyone is around willing to group. Heck, I might start my shaman more heavily to see if I can group with you.

Quote:

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I use it. I hate spamming general. Seems stoopid when you can just use the in-game tool for the same purpose.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem lies in the problems with the LFG's way of blocking your hunt for a group if you (or others interested in going) are outside the instance/quest level range.

Sorry you are having such difficulty.

Quote:

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll just have to go to IF and spam Gnomeragan/Scarlet Monastery group requests on Bjorna and Stockades requests for Melmar.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Divine Intervention work in BGs? I originally wrote that first sentence under the assumption that you can move with a DI effect on you. Now, I know you are immobile.

Can the DI effect be dispelled by an enemy priest/shaman?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, but to be honest, it won't do much to help the group, I can't imagine.

I'm sure it will work for BG's, but perhaps not the arena.

The person you target for the DI is useless until the effect is dropped or 3min passes. I'm sure if you try really hard, you can think of sometime it would be handy, but it would be a rare case indeed.

Quote:

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my revised build.

Ummmm... What kind of crack am I on? I left out Blessing of Kings
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While dicking around being pissed at my boss who thinks I'm dicking around, I came up with a couple of specs I thought I'd toss out there. Whatcha think?

Holy with some potential non-healing PvP usefulness

2-handed Reckoning

Quote:

Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With me coming back and wanting a change, I'm thinking of hitting up this Retribution spec. Not sure why I posted it, but I did anyway.

Quote:

Tzalik
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a retribution build myself, but I'd tweak yours just a bit.

Build Here.

Also its tought to really outfit a Ret pally properly..

Mutants & Masterminds PDF here
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basing a build off of what we had talked about Tzalik: Sword-n-board Ret.

This is based on SoR, Reckoning, Stuns and a bit more survivability. Not sure how good it would work out, but it's less expensive to find this gear (since I have stuff that support it already) than to reoutfit for 2H ret. This could be a filler.

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: