The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Postulating Paladin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, very unique. I think it'd do pretty well, because every tankadin I've ever grouped with has had fair damage output overall, and they're only concentrating on holding hate.

The only thing I was thinking was what about dropping the last 4 points you put into ret, and getting 4/5 in 1H spec.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did it. Cat is now a Sword-n-Board Ret. With just my "healing gear" on, I deal roughly 3x the damage I did with Protection.

Unfortunately, I'm still very much NOT geared right by any stretch of the imagination. But I kill things a hell of a lot faster now than before, so as I end up getting more and more of the proper gear for this build, I'll see where it goes.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Tzalik
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking over some equipment that seems decently easy to get. this list focused on plate with spell power.. I'll look at regular warior plate later on:

Exorcist's Scaled Helm 18 spirit shards.
Breastplate of the Righteous Regular Steam Vaults, last boss.
Bracers of Just Rewards] Heroic Ramparts first boss.
The Hands of Fate The Cipher of Damnation Quest Line.
Ornate Leggings of the Venerated Regular Shadow Lab, second boss.
Ornate Boots of the Sanctified Regular Shadow Lab, first boss.

Mutants & Masterminds PDF here
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently working my way towards Fel Edged Battleaxe. The primals have been sucking, so I'm guessing they nerfed the heck out of their drop-rates. Put on top of that, playing an odd spec with gear that is WAY not right for it and you got a slow grinding process. I'm thinking I might start grinding with Vilentia (my rogue) as it's MUCH faster to work with than both my undergeared Retritection (or is it Protebution?) spec and the tankadin spec that I currently went back to in order to tank for my gear I need.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you like to PvP or not, but getting a Gladiator's Decapitator may be a decent bet. It's better than most axes that you can get and relatively easy since its AV marks.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it's awesome, and I might still work for the Mace version, but at ~1K honor per day for me... it's gonna take a month to get it.

Quote:

Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, it may be very well worth it though. I know a MS warrior who went from the reaper to the S1 2H, and there is a very very big difference. I was gonna head in that direction until I got the axe off of Prince.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I won't get it should I get the honor, but I can't BG for hours on end and can handle 3-4 games at a time. It will just take me around a month or more (if I can't get in BG time) to get the honor alone... not to mention that AV has gone to hell on our Battlegroup. Welcome to the old days of 6 hour games.

Quote:

midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AV can't possibly last that long anymore...
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not 6 hours, you are correct, I was exaggerating. 2 hours is about right though.

Horde keep about 2/3 of their forces at Iceblood and the Alliance just feel the need to fight them there until the Alliance end up turtling. Most of the horde already have all their PvP gear so they just stop the game for the Alliance and after about 2 hours or so the horde win because they have destroyed all the reinforcements and Alliance lose with no honor.

Quote:

midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take some towers, a couple GYs and farm HKs til they out of reinforcements... that's how every server works now. I haven't had a game last more than 45 minutes though. What do you PvE people do when you enter a BG go plant flowers and hope you don't step on a rake business end up and die? All joking aside, you probably just need some good leadership in your games.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, we're a PvP server... PvE is for suckahs!

Secondly, it's never a matter of leadership. It's a matter of followship(?). When the first person speaks up with a strategy one of the following happen:

1.) STFU NOOB!
2.) "Don't listen to him, I know what to do!", "You both are idiots, just do..."
3.) AFKers
4.) A team of 10 people agree and do it and the other 30 do whatever they want to funk with the rest of the game.

Our teams will take the towers, but then they'll lose them all the while the Horde are creeping up slowly taking towers and burning them down.

Quote:

midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooh, you're alliance. Yea, sorry, reroll. Good work on the PvP server though =D
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If an AV game goes longer than 15mins in my battlegroup, something went wrong. Both teams just ignore each other and race to the generals, always.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it's never a matter of leadership. It's a matter of followship(?

QTF.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Both teams just ignore each other and race to the generals, always.

That's pretty common, but on most server the alliance turtle up at the bridge or just before it and you have to farm HKs to win.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was looking at your Paladin build...

I think you need to add Improved Corruption, Fel Concentration, Nightfall, and the instant Howl of Terror.

It's a dramatic respec, I know, but I think it would be better.

Fucking act like it.

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to agree with you on that one. The only change I'd make to your suggestion is to drop Fel Concentration and pick up Beastial Wrath and The Beast Within. Then you've got yourself an unstopable paladin!

In our battlegroup (Shadowburn I think) it's not Alliance that turtles... initially. The biggest issue is that the Alliance seems to think that it's REQUIRED to fight the Horde at Iceblood Graveyard chokepoint instead of just riding past and taking Frostwolf or Relief Hut. This action (fighting the turtled Horde) reciprocates the Alliance turtling at the bridge until the Horde slowly destroy all our reinforcements.

Quote:

Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time AV games drag on for us is when some retard claims Snowfall Graveyard, and sends all the alliance back up to turtle at their base.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the finite nature of Arathi Basin. AV sounds fascinating though.

Fucking act like it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: