The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

let me show u my pokemans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: let me show u my pokemans Reply with quote

My kids have been hooked on Pokemon for a while now. They started by playing Pokemon Stadium on the N64, as well as my saved games rom when I played the original Red version in the Navy. Because they were so into it, my parents and I combined forces to buy them the FireRed and LeafGreen versions, as well as Game Boy Advances. So now they're running around in teh Pokemon world, fighting random creatures and each other.

Feeling left out, I picked up a Game Boy Advance too and the Emerald version of the game, which is an update to the Ruby and Saphire versions. I've now been able to join in the fun with my kids, as well as kick their asses every time we battle, thus keeping my Pokemon Master title.

Because I can, I decided to look up info on my game at gamefaqs to see if there were any hidden surprises that I was missing in my game. Amongst the game walkthrough info I foudn some guides on breeding and raising battling teams. And holy crap. The amount of dedication and time you need to put into doing all that breeding and raising was mind boggling to me. I can't imagine having the patience to do that stuff. Not to mention that outside of me and my boys, I don't konw anyone else in link-cable range who plays the games, so what would be the point?

I'm really happy with the Pokemon Emerald game. There is so much more to do in the game than there was in the original versions. I'm enjoying it a lot.

Anyone else play the third generation of games?

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Leedon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did as a ROM. I played Emerald also while my brother-in-law played Ruby. One of the things I've always liked about the games, is that as they progressed in generation, they became either as simple or complex as the player makes them.

It's actually thing called game flow theory and it's what makes good games addicting. It has to do where the difficulty is set by the player through gameplay and by the player setting his own goals and challenging himself. Want to just do the story? Go for it. You want to collect them all? Have at. Want to collect and breed your favorite pokemon to make the perfect pokemon? Get 'em knockin' those charizard boots for teh win.

It sounds dumb, but my favorite pokemon in that game was whatever the generic racoon one from the first area was. It would randomly pick stuff up if it was in your party. When I caught him, I walked a few feet and it had already picked up a gold nugget, thus making me not poor from the get go. He picked up a few more as well as other assorted goodies along the way. I tried breeding him some, but I don't remember how it turned out.

-Lee
It makes no sense to me.

-Flirtin' with Disaster, Molly Hatchet
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only played Blue but I beat it. This was back in like 96ish in high school. We would battle at lunch but it sucked because we all used the game genie to get level 100 pokemons and mewtwo.

Mew and Mewtwo kick butt.
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You missed out. Magikarp was where it's at.
Rovont
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to love the pokemon games, more when I was younger. Itera and I would play for hours and he would whoop me every time, just like Glistam Laughing. I have actually played them all, but they are all just re-makes now and it dissapoints me. I wish they could kind of merge all of the games into one so that they lasted much longer, and had more features. I enjoyed the older games a lot more than the newer ones.
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love pokemon. My brother and I have been playing ever since the Red and Blue games, and I own most of them up to Ruby I think. I logged a good 150 hours or so on the Red game, and I still play Ruby from time to time. I will most likely pick up pearl or diamond.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charcole sent me that picture through e-mail at the office. That's actually what inspired the title of this thread.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Itera
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wendell!

Rovont broke out the old Gameboys and I am hooked again. I played and beat Red twice, I was accused of cheating the first time so I had to do it again. Now I am playing the Gold version.

They are really fun games to play with the kids. Even for a big kid like me.

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: